Chapter 17

Hannah sighed as she woke in bed with Simon. The two of them had gone public with their relationship and she felt like it was working well for them. Their relationship had been working well.

Simon opened his eyes and smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" He asked as he kissed her.

Hannah nodded and sighed. "I miss Esmè. I miss Amelia. She hasn't called or text once," she mumbled.

Simon smiled. "She will. She's probably just getting settled in her new place. And she has a baby to sort out."

Hannah just nodded. She knew she missed her best friend. And she just wanted to see her again. Do you think she's avoiding calling me? I hurt her."

Simon shook his head. "Not at all. I just think she's busy. She'll contact when she's ready."

"I hope so."

***
Arriving at work, Hannah saw her dad and sighed. "I don't need him starting at all. He's an ass."

Simon smiled and kissed her. "It will be fine."

"Oh look. The happy couple. How do you feel knowing you hurt Esmè to the point where she left?" Max said.

Hannah turned to him and glared. "Why do you care about her? You're the reason she was so heartbroken in the first place," she told him.

Max smirked. "And yet you're her best friend who cheated with her boyfriend. Who's the one who's hurt her now?"

"Back off Max. Leave me alone. You're the one who chose her sister over her. That's what broke her the most," Hannah said as she walked off.

She hated how she was being blamed for Esmè leaving. She wanted her back.

***
Hannah sat in her classroom and sighed. She looked up as Vaughan walked in. She rolled her eyes. "Don't even start."

"I'm not. But due to your... affair I'm down a teacher. Therefore everyone is having to pull their weight."

Hannah scoffed. "Don't keep blaming me! It's not my fault she left! She was heartbroken. So just back off!" She yelled as she grabbed her jacket and walked off.

She was sick of being blamed for what happened. She was sick of how everyone was treating her. And she couldn't stand it any longer.

***
Hannah found herself driving. She drove into Greenock town and sighed. "Hannah?"

Hannah turned to see Esmè standing there. She frowned. "I thought you left."

"I did. But I realised, I can't be without you. You're my best friend. My rock. And Mia misses you too," Esmè said.

Hannah sighed. "Everyone is blaming me for you leaving. And I hate it."

"They shouldn't be blaming you. You haven't done anything. All you did was fall in love with someone. I don't blame you at all," Esmè said as she sat down with her.

Hannah nodded and sighed. "Are you coming back to work?"

Esmè shook her head. "No I don't know yet. I just... I still don't want to see Max. He's text me some horrid stuff. And I don't want that in my life."

***
Simon was sitting in the flat. He was worried about Hannah. The door opened and she walked in. He smiled. "Where have you been?" He asked.

"With Esmè. She came back. She said she couldn't be without me. She's not mad. She's mad at how everyone is blaming me for what happened," Hannah said.

Simon pulled her close and kissed her. "It's all going to be okay. I promise you. I love you."

"I love you too."

But with Hannah feeling like life had finally fallen into place, would she be able to cope when she got some news that would change everything?