The Feast

I promise Cato, that if he lets me grab the bag and kill the girl, I'll put on an excellent show.

We hide in the trees near the Cornucopia, from this angle we can see anyone and everyone who runs up before us.

We sleep here. I make sure we're both awake early, I want to get whatever we need most first.

The sun rises, and nothings there. I cant believe it. They tricked us. They only wanted us there so we would fight.

But I promised them a show, I'm about to run out, when the ground at the Cornucopia splits in two. We watch, amazed, as a table pushes its way through, onto land. The table has 4 bags on it. A large bag with 2 on it. That's ours. A medium sized one with 5 on, it's for that girl, the ginger one. Another large one with 11 on, for Thresh, and a tiny one with 12 on.

I realise that the 12 one must be medicine for loverboy's leg, it's the only way he'll survive.

I'm about to run out, when the ginger girl from 5 runs out of the Cornucopia itself. She's lucky we moved. Cato nudges me to go and get her, but if I run out now, and we fight, someone could go and grab our bag. So I stay put.

After the girls gone, the girl from 12 runs out. This is my chance.

I run, and I throw a knife. It's not perfect aim, but I slice her forehead. She shoots arrows at me, but only one hits me. It gets my arm.

It hurts, but I'll live. I pull it out and keep running at her. I make it to her, and tackle her to the floor, there's a minute where she rolls on top, but I quickly gain control again.

"This is it 12, we're going to kill you. Just like we killed your little friend. What was her name? The one who hops around the trees. Rue, was it?" I taunt her.

She struggles, but I keep her down. "Now. It's time for you. Where should we start?"

I pull out a small knife from my vest.

"How about your lips, you won't need them to kill loverboy now.." I trace my knife across her lips. "You and your little friend, Rue, will have something in common now. Both dead, both killed by us."

She coughs, then spits up warm blood into my face. I'm about to call her the worst names I know, when someone pulls up on the back of my shirt.

I'm dangling against the Cornucopia, a foot above ground, facing Thresh.

"Is what you said true? You killed the little girl?" He spits in my face.

"No, no it wasn't me, honest.  CATO! I didn't kill her, let me go!" I scream. "CATO"

"I heard you. You said you killed her. Did you cut her up like you was going to this girl?"

"No, I swear, I didn't kill her! CATO, CATO HELP ME!"

"I know you did it." He said, his face full of hatred, he lifts me away from the Cornucopia, and grabs a huge, edgy, rock from his pocket.

He smashes it against the side of my head. The pain is enough to kill me, but I don't pass out. I open my mouth to shout for Cato again, when he hits my head again.

I feel like I'm dying. I only hope he realises that I was telling the truth, and I didn't kill this Rue, and stops whatever he's doing. But no. Now he smashes me against the Cornucopia, and I fall.

Everything's blurry, going black, and I know this is it. I know Thresh is running away, I feel the ground moving below me. Him and Katniss talk, but I'm not paying attention as to what. I'm fighting against myself, trying to stay awake.

I feel arms around me, my heads lifted from the floor.

"Clove, please Clove. Don't leave. Clove I need you, come on we can win. Don't leave me Clove" And that's the last I hear. Everything's black.