The Gamemakers

After training for another 2 days, nothing interesting happens, I show off my knife skills, and the rest of the careers do the same with their skills.

Finally, it's time to show the Gamemakers what we're made of. After a few hours of training, we go to lunch. When everyone's finished eating, they take all the tables out and we sit around the edge of the room, waiting to be called.

It's Marvel first, since he's the boy from 1. Then Glimmer. Then Cato.

"Clove Kentwell. Please make your way inside for your personal assessment." A woman's voice announces on the speaker.

I stand up, and walk out swiftly.

I go inside the room, and all the Gamemakers are on the red balcony, watching. They're all looking at me, and they look quite excited.

"You have 10 minutes to show us your best skill, you may start anytime." I notice it's Seneca Crane talking, he's the Head Gamemaker again this year.

I walk over to the knifes, and grab the one I'm most used to throwing. It fits in my hand, like it's meant to be there.

I aim, and throw, and like usual, I hit the centre.

I throw a few more, then I throw a spear, slash with the sword, and I put it all back in its place with 1 minute left. I stand and look up at them.

They finally realise I'm done, and they all clap loudly.

"Excellent. You may go." It's Seneca Crane again.

"Thank you." I make sure to smile on my way out.

I see Cato waiting behind the doors, and I go over.

"What did you do in there?" I ask him.

"Sword, for the full 10 minutes. It's the best I've ever done. You?"

"Knife. I  did good on that. Then I tried the spear and sword, not as good of course, but better than nothing." I was lying. I was excellent with everything I did today.

We get in the elevator, and get back to our floor.

Dinners already on the table, and although we've just had lunch, me and Cato eat all 3 courses. They all ask us what we did, and if we think we will get good scores. I say of course we will.

The next few days are boring, we just sit around, and wait for the scores to be televised, we find out what we got at the same time the public does.

After our scores, we have the interviews, then a day off, then the games.

Finally, it's 6pm, and time for us to find out what we got.

We eat, and at half past 5 we all gather round the big living room and sit on the fluffy white couch. We turn the channel on, and listen to Caeser Flickerman talk with Seneca Crane for a while, then they show us. Marvel first, and District 12 last.

Marvel and Glimmer both get a 9, and me and Cato get 10's.

Everyone celebrates. This is amazing. I guess they know I'm going to win. And I'm so excited for the games to start now. I doubt anyone will get higher than me, they don't normally give out any 11 or 12s.

I look up again to see the ginger girl from 5 get a score of 5, so apparently she's not too good. Come to think of it, she didn't do much in training. She stayed by fire and plants. Weird.

From 11, Thresh got a 10, like me. Which proves my point that he's a big threat towards us. But the girl, Rue, only got a 7.

When we get to District 12, the boy, who's name we find out is Peeta, gets an 8, not too good, not too bad. But the girl, Katniss, gets an 11. That's the highest score this year.

"Oh my god."

What did she do?"

"She was not that good in training!"

We're all confused, she must be extremely good if she can pull an 11 out in training. And I know we must kill her off when the time comes.

Maybe she'll tell Caeser tomorrow in the interviews.