Love? (8)

༺♡༻

99th Precinct
9:37 am

~Jake's POV~

"A man named Harold Stevens aged 46 years old was arrested on the account of several murders. How he did do it? He works part-time at a hotdog stand but also works with a CCTV maintenance company. He's a psychotic man whose motive was to kill those with no manners, he said and I quote: "I was teaching them a lesson"" I finished off with a silly voice, attempting to do my best southern accent, which turned out... great.

Today was Y/n's first day back and I couldn't have been happier. I've waited for this moment for a while now and nothing could bring down my mood, not even Charles constantly suggesting that I wash her hair as a 'welcome back' gift.

I had cleaned her desk and rested the perfectly baked cake that I totally made and did not buy on her desk. I've been here since 8 o'clock just waiting. Last night the squad and I managed to track down and arrest the purp who was hiding in the underground. Finally, that sick man was behind bars, meaning Y/n can leave the house without fear of being skinned by a hotdog man. Life is great!

My leg bounced up and down as I sat on my chair. I tried to throw myself into the work so I can stop thinking about Y/n. But I can't. She's all I can think about. With every passing minute, my heart beats faster as I anxiously wait for her. The whole squad came to talk to me, to try and calm me down, even Gina gave me some decent advice. Nothing worked.

As the time drew closer to 10, I began to wonder: what if she doesn't come in today? What if she never comes back? What if we arrested the wrong man? Suddenly my fingers stopped typing and my leg stilled for I could not move. I was spiralling, and there was nothing that could help me now.

ding~

The muffled sound of the elevator rang through my ears. As if nothing happened, I turned to see the squad crowding the gate. With hope on my mind, I slowly raised from my seat and stood in the middle of the bullpen. The crowd parted like the Red Sea, in front of me stood her. Y/n.

Her gorgeous smile widened the second she set her eyes on me. Before I knew it, the female had wrapped her arms around me with her face nuzzled into my neck. I wrapped my arms around her waist as she whispered a soft: "thank you."

"No need to thank me, Y/n. You were the one who cracked the case." My head rested on top of hers. I closed my eyes and held her closer to me, not wanting to let go. She was back in my arms, and that's more than enough for now. I open my eyes to see that the whole squad was staring at the two of us, smiling. Even Captain Holt was smiling! Terry had tears in his eyes and Charles looked as though he was about to burst.

Reluctantly, we pulled away and looked at each other while smiling like idiots. "Oh! I made you a cake" I took her hand in mine, and lead her to her desk. As she open the box, tears welled in her eyes.

"Jake... this is so sweet. Thank you so much." There wasn't a word that could describe how I feel. Sharing a cake with the girl I love the most, was truly something special. Wait... love?

༺♡༻

A/n: Sorry I have updated in a while and I'm sorry this is short! But now that GCSEs are done I plan to upload more! Again so sorry, thank you for reading my loves <3