Chapter 8

As the euphonic melody of 'still with you acapella version' crept into Neel's ears, he woke up from his slumber and turned towards Abhro to behold his hermosa lover without snoozing the alarm.

"You're so beautiful." The words automatically slipped out of Neel's mouth.

The room buzzed with the heavenly harmonious voice of Jungkook until the alarm turned off on its own.

"Babe, wake up. It's 4:30 already. Don't you wanna go for a morning walk with me?" Neel said with a slumbery voice.

"Hmm. But I'm sleepy." Abhro said and pulled Neel closer, cuddling him and pulled the blanket over them a little more.

"Babe, I took permission from the warden with my blood, sweat and tears to see the sunrise. Now we can't be late. We have a lot of formality to do. Wake up quickly."

Abhro let out an "ugh" sound and woke up reluctantly. They were already in their sweatshirt and sweatpants, so they just put a jacket over them. They went downstairs in a couple of minutes and the formalities took another one and half minute.

Their fingers threaded into each other as they walked towards the hill where they went a few months ago on Abhro's birthday. It was still dark but now when there's a slight ray of the dawn enlightening the roof above them, they could see the hill had trees like the folklore album. Dark and eerie yet there's so much of peace and serenity. They were climbing to the peak to get the best view of the sunrise. Although if they would have had woke up at the same time and sat in their balcony, they could still see the sunrise, but until they had joined AIIMS Rishikesh, they never came to mountains. So they had a deep rooted wish to see how mesmerizing sunrises look from the peak.

Neel is a bit fast walker so, although he tried his best to slow down his pace to keep up with Abhro, it was Abhro who insisted him to walk at his own pace. He reached the peak a little earlier than Abhro. He extended his hand to help Abhro reach the peak because he got stuck between two logs. Neel sang with his dulcet deep voice, "Take my hands now, you're the cause of my euphoria." Abhro placed his hand on him and was pulled up to reach the peak.

" When I'm with you I'm in utopia." Abhro sang as soon as he beheld the surroundings.

The whole area was flooded with silence except for the chirping of the birds which was as sweet to the ears as the tranquility.

The light around them was increasing slightly. There was an aura of red, orange and yellow near the peaks of the distant snow-capped mountains and prussian blue hue in the upper regions of the palette of the nature. The already pulchritudinous gradient looked even more stunning when there was a radiant beam of light sparkling from those mountains. The snow-capped peaks dazzled as the sunshine shone upon them. As the sun was slowly rising above, the sky looked even more magnificent. Both of them were bewildered at this breathtaking beauty of nature.

The darkness of the black and white monochrome folklorian trees on the hill ebbed away when the red beam of sunshine fell upon them too. Soon after, the sunlight changed to the golden ball of light which they see the whole day but not as bright as that.

They stood still until Abhro uttered, "Love is neither black and white nor red, it's golden like daylight."

" It is." Neel said and turned to face towards Abhro. His hands moved up to his cheek to make Abhro's glittering dark brown eyes look into his. If anyone would have had seen them, they'd definitely say, "Oh, how insanely they're in love" because of how bewitched and captivated they were by each other that they forgot to blink. Neel walked two steps to stand closer to Abhro.

He tilted his head and went in for a kiss. The kiss was a slow and passionate one where both of them were enjoying each other without any rush or aggression. They were enjoying the taste of love. It seemed if they could have kissed forever, they'd have really done it forever. When Neel pulled out of the kiss, there was still a string of saliva tying their lips. Neel smiled against Abhro's lips while their foreheads were touched.