Chapter 12

Jasper's POV:

I was in my room thinking about the worst that Kat could think of me when I heard Rosalie say

"Where do you think you are going? Back in bed, young miss." which was followed by a quiet voice stating

"But I want to go see Jasper? I want to tell him I'm not mad at him, can I please? You and I both know Jas will be blaming himself and feeling so bad right about now." my heart leapt out of my chest, she wasn't mad at me, that was great news. I started to head towards where she was when I saw Esme walking up the stairs with a tray, on it was a bowl of soup and a cup of juice, there was also a tub with a few pills in it.

"Jasper! How good it is to see you! We haven't seen you since you got back from the denials a week ago." I gave her a small smile before indicating towards the tray

"Oh! Would you like to bring it to her, that is a lovely idea! Just make sure she takes all the medicine, Carlisle said it should kick in just as her current pain meds wear off" I gave her a nod before taking the tray and heading towards Carlisle's study.

As I approached the door I nudged it open with my foot before cautiously entering the room. I placed the tray down on the table Rosalie had positioned in front of her before turning to leave-seeing her had been enough to calm me from fearing that she was too badly injured because of my incident-but as I was about to walk away I felt her hand grip mine. She gestured her hand towards the chair Rose had vacated signalising she wanted me to stay. I took a seat and turned to her.

"Carlisle wanted me to make sure you took all the medicine, said it should help with the pain" my voice came out hoarse from not feeding the entire time she was unconscious. She gave me a small nod and a smile before grabbing the cup of meds and the cup of juice. Once all the meds were gone she turned to me with a look of disgust and I couldn't help but laugh. Making me laugh seemed to be what she was going for as the second I started laughing she smiled.

She turned back to the tray and raised her soup bowl up to her mouth completely abandoning her spoon. She took a sip of her soup, contemplated something and then proceeded to drink down the entire bowl without hesitation. Once she was done she lowered the bowl and burped.

"I regret nothing about that, that was delicious and much needed" she said without a hint of embarrassment within her. She goes to move around and winces, I look down in my lap so she can't see the guilt now evident on my face

"Don't" Is all I hear from Kat's direction before the room goes silent. I look up and see her looking at me.

"Don't what?" I ask her

"Feel guilty, you know I could hear everything that was being said whilst I was out and I heard Carlisle say that your actions actually helped me as you were stopping as much blood from spilling out. So I guess I owe you a thank you" and with that she looks towards the door. "You think you could send Alice in with some more pyjamas. These feel weird on my skin" She said gesturing towards the gown Carlisle put her in so she had more access to her wounds. That is when I heard someone saying my name from downstairs, I put my hand as a signal for her to be quiet. She gave me a nod and made a motion as if she was zipping her lips. I listen downstairs again and hear Carlisle say I can help her walk downstairs as long as we are very careful and take things slow.

After relaying this information to Kat and trying to get her to calm down, we were finally ready to try to go downstairs. I lowered the bed as low as it could go and placed some ugg boots on Kat's feet as the floors were cold. Alice came in and helped Kat get changed as I turned around and looked at the bookshelf. Once she was changed Alice left to go stand by the stairs in case she was needed and I walked back over to Kat. I grabbed her by her armpits and helped her into a standing position. Once she was up I slowly moved so my left arm was supporting her left side and she was holding my right hand out in front of her.

We slowly made our way to the door and we reached it. I released her right hand and opened it, once we passed it I grabbed her hand again and we walked to the top of the stairs. I released her hand and moved my hand from under her armpit, I slowly moved so I was holding both her hands with my back facing the stairs. I took a step down onto the second step as Kat slowly stepped down onto the first. We repeated this process until we reached the bottom. I led her over to the wall and let her lean against it to have a break. Once she had finished resting she signalled me over and we went down the next set of stairs the same and this time she said she didn't need a break so we just continued walking into the lounge room. Once she was settled onto the couch Rose came in with a blanket and Kat's Iphone, Ipad and Laptop along with her bluetooth headphones.

"I thought you might like these seeing as you are on bedrest for another few days, then you are only allowed to do limited exercise."

"Thank you Rose," was her only response before she let out a big yawn. "I might take a nap first, all the walking to get down here has got me exhausted '' And with that she reached up -carefully- and grabbed the blanket, throwing it on herself before she closed her eyes. It was a couple minutes before her breathing evened out but when it did we left the room to give her some peace.