Chapter 72 - The mighty dragon to the rescue

Start from the beginning

"And why is that, your highness?" Keilbuss asked.

"I... I still have to do something to help the ghost children in this orphanage," I said.

"Hmm... the children who were burned alive?" Keilbuss asked as I nodded my head.

"And why would you help them? It's not your responsibility, your highness. If they have died and are being controlled by someone, it is out of our business." Keilbuss says

"So, in other words, your highness, we shall go home, and her highness shall sleep." Keilbuss says

(What???)

(H-How is he so calm??? Is it because he is the mighty dragon? Is that why he doesn't care about anything?)

(Well, it isn't his obligation to help anyone anyway.)

(B-But if I don't help, I don't know what the children will do to me!)

"B-But... they'll take my soul away with them and t-that... that witch will sacrifice me to the demon so that she can exchange the life she has taken just to resurrect her son..." I said.

"Oh! Is her highness talking about the witch with brunette hair? The one who was 'supposed' to be your teacher?" Keilbuss asked as I nodded, my eyes widening when I saw him smiling from ear to ear.
"Well, I saw that witch outside the orphanage just now..." Keilbuss said.
(The bitch... I mean, my witch teacher! She's here to take my sou—)
"I already sent her to her eternal slumber, so you don't have to worry about that woman, your highness," Keilbuss said, a smile still on his face.

(H-He... He what now??)

"P-Pardon? Eternal slumber??" I stammered. Keilbuss's beautiful smile suddenly turned into a sinister one.

"I meant that I have severed her head," Keilbuss said calmly.

"I cut her neck, limbs, her torso, her fingers, and toes. Hmm... what else did I take from that woman?" Keilbuss says as I just stood there, speechless.

(H-He... He cut...)
(No, he murdered a witch...)

"Oh, I forgot that I also took her heart. I'm thinking of selling it on the black market. Human body parts can fetch a lot of money," Keilbuss said, smiling again.

"And money is what I like the most in this world. I have a lot of treasures in my cave." Keilbuss says as I couldn't utter a word.

"But don't worry, Your Highness. I killed that woman in a very respectful manner," Keilbuss said, smiling like someone who had lost his mind.
(Respectful manner, my ass...)
"I even told her I was going to execute her. She deserved it and should feel honored to die by the hands of the mighty dragon," Keilbuss continued.
(I... I think I made a contract with someone who needs therapy...)

"Anyway, Your Highness, you can leave this shabby orphanage now. That woman who dared to touch my contractor is gone from this world, right?" Keilbuss said, still smiling.

"T-That's... that's crazy," I said, staring at him.

(So... I was worried over nothing then???)

(I...if that witch is dead...)

(Doesn't that mean those children are now free?)

(No, I don't think so.)

"Keil, where did you hide my teacher's body?" I asked, noticing his surprised expression.
"Pardon? What did you just call me?" Keilbuss asked.

(Is there something wrong with what I said???)

"Where did you hide my teacher's body?" I repeated, and he shook his head.

"No, before that, Your Highness," Keilbuss said.

"Keil?" I said, and he smiled.

"So, we're giving nicknames now, Your Highness?" he said, and I furrowed my eyebrows.