"Aarohi..." his deep, concerned filled voice reached my ears. "Are you fine?" He sounded so like before not a hint of rage reaching his concerned self. I felt so at peace as his voice reached my ear. It wasn't until that moment I realised that I missed his caring self. The individual who cared a lot about me.

And much to my displeasure, a sob burst out of my throat followed by a series of tears. "Aru..." and soon I was pulled in his direction. My vision was blurry due to my continuous cry but still could figure out his frowned brow in the darkness. "Fuck! I am sorry..." he muttered soon his warm hands reaching to cup my cheek. His brown orbs stared at me with regret and concern. A new piece of cotton wrapped around his knuckles. "I acted like an..."

"No!" I wasn't letting him blame himself. I knew it was my fault. My action had forced him to act in that manner. I had compelled him for it. "No... please don't do that!" I pleaded not wanting him to burden me with more guilt.

"Shh..." his thumb brushed tears off my cheek. "Stop crying..." he whispered slowly pulling me towards his chest. I didn't oppose, I didn't object as I was drained. I wanted to rest and so I allowed my brain to rest. I allowed myself to rest in my husband's arms. I was aspiring for peace and his warmth provided it to me.

His cold muscles relaxed as my head touched his chest. His hands slowly but carefully wrapped around my waist. His grip wasn't tight but not weak as well as providing me with space to feel comfortable. His warm breath fanning on my hairs and he pecked softly on it. "Good night," he muttered before adjusting his chin on my head.

It was first time I was in such proximity without resistance with him yet it felt familiar. As if it was a path to my home that I had lost direction of. I didn't felt uncomfortable but oddly secure. As if I was longing to feel the peace his presence was providing me. I wasn't sure if I was betraying Rishi with my move but my heart was unknowingly craving for more.

~~••~~

I had walked out of a vacant bedroom into a vacant living room. That meant, Yash had left long back. Though internally I had cursed myself for allowing him to hold me so close yet I had anticipated he would stop with his ignoring session but maybe I had hurt him beyond forgiveness.

I pushed back the emerging guilt helping Savita Tayi with the breakfast. "So, what's for today?" I inquired pressing a smile on my face.

She waited for a minute before responding with a smile. "Pohe..." another favourite of Yash. He was avoiding breakfast as well as dinner due to me. I hope he was at least having something in office. I had halted myself from texting him to inquire about his whereabouts. He was purposely ignoring me and I didn't wanted to act as a burden.

"Is there something between you two?" Tayi hesitated as she inquired about it. I kept staring at the pan on the stove. "I don't want to pry in your personal matters." She whispered concentrating in cutting onions. "You both are mature enough to deal with it. My concern is Aarush, he shouldn't get piss between both of you." She glanced once again on finding my orbs on her. "I understand, you both weren't given opportunity to know each other... as Aarush was a big responsibility to look after. But Aarohi, you can't forget that he is growing up. Slowly he will start discriminating things happening with his parents and rest of couple around him. This phase of life is going to shape him as an individual. You both need to decide what kind of a future you want to offer him with." She pressed a smile getting engrossed in her work.

She was correct! Aarush was growing up and his interest in our wedding anniversary was a step of getting interested in our life. Our difference or Yash ignorance would lead him to have wrong impression on life. I couldn't do that with our son. I had promised Rishi to provide our child with a wonderful life and I was going to offer it to him.