Chapter 4

I woke up to a loud bang, I stood up fast and saw Eddie searching my fridge. "Eddie, what the hell are you doing?" I rubbed my eyes and looked at him. There was something off about him. He looked at me, "I'm.. I'm so hungry. I don't know why, I'm just so hungry." He said and continued searching. "Eddie I'll make you something just be patient." I said grabbing his arm and sitting him on the couch, he sat down and turned on the Tv. I went to cook him pancakes and eggs.

"Here" i handed the plate to him and he smiled and ate while watching the Tv. I looked at him concerned. "What's going on with you?" He looked at me, "I..I don't know, I feel different. Promise not to tell anyone." He said seriously. I started to feel more concerned, "Uh yeah, yeah I promise." He sat up and looked at me, l started to feel nervous. "I was at Mrs.Chen store and met Dr.Skirth, she asked me to help her because Drake has been doing experiments on people, specially homeless people. So went in the Life foundation and she pushed me into a room and I saw.. a friend. I tried to help her escape. I broke the glass but she attacked me and I felt something, go inside my body. I got chased by guards and..and I jumped like really high. I don't know what to do.." he said looking down.

I didn't know what to say, this was to much to handle. "That's..a lot to process, a-are you okay?" I grabbed his hand and he soften, "I hear voices in my head..It always talks to me." I felt bad, everything for him changed for the worst. "Eddie..If there's anything I can do for you, please tell me." I hold his hand. He hugged me, "Your really such a caring person Y/N, thank you for everything.." I hugged him back and smiled. Then I saw something in his eye, it didn't feel like Eddie at all. "Eddie maybe we should get you checked out." He hesitated for a moment and agreed. "I know just a perfect person for this."

Me and Eddie are now standing in Dan's office, Dan is a good friend of mine but turns out after Anne and Eddie split up, she's dating Dan. So there was tension, mostly Eddie was upset. "Thank you for helping us Dan, mostly helping Eddie." I smiled. "It's my pleasure, Alright Eddie we're going to do some scans really quick to see if there's anything wrong with your body, follow me." We both followed Dan into the Scanning room. Eddie got changed and go in. Me and Dan are standing outside. Eddie layed down.

" Eddie, can you hear me? This is Dan speaking to you."  "Hey, Dan." "Okay, we've given you
a little sedative."
"Where is Y/N?"
"Y/N is right here next to me,We're gonna run
some tests, okay? It's gonna be completely
painless. So, you know,just try to stay still.Uh, relax, and, um...Yeah, here we go." Dan pressed a button and all of a sudden we hear Eddie screaming. "Eddie, what's happening
in there?" Dan said nervously. "Eddie, you okay? Dan! Shut it off!" I yelled at Dan, he pressed the button quickly. I ran inside towards Eddie.

"Hey, hey, hey.You're okay?" I grabbed his face, he looked at me and smiled, "Yeah."
"Here, look at me, look at me.You okay?" Dan asked and Eddie looked at him, "Yeah."
"All right.Just take a deep breath. Okay? You're okay." Dan suggest. Eddie takes a deep breath.
"Now, listen, you're not the first person to freak out in there.I get claustrophobic, too." Dan said. Eddie just nodded. A women came in, "Dr. Lewis?" "Hey, Mrs. Manfredi. How are you?" Dan responded with a smile. They kept talking and the dog started to bark at Eddie, He looked confused and then the lady left with her dog.

"We're gonna get to the bottom of this.
All right? That I can promise you.But for now, go home, get some rest.I'll call you when your tests are in." Dan said,  Eddie grabbed his hand, "Thank you, Dan. Thank you."  "You got it." Dan patted his back. I went up to Dan, "Thank you Dan,means a lot." He smiled, "Of course Y/N, get home safe okay?" I nodded and left with Eddie.

We both got in my car and I started the car, "How are you feeling?" I looked at him, he looked back. "I'm feeling, normal? I-I don't know." I noded, "I'm going to drop you off okay?" I started driving, he looked at me shyly, "Oh uhm, I was wondering if you can stay over..?" I side eyed him and smiled, "Of course Eddie." We made it to his apartment and entered. It was definitely.. uh something, there was garbage all over, it was a mess. I looked at Eddie and he looked at the ground.

"Want me to help you clean up?" I asked him and he nodded, "I would appreciate it a lot." I smiled and helped him clean, it didn't take long since it was the two of us. We sat on the couch, then Eddie's phone rang. He picked up nervously and put it on speaker.

"Oh, hey, Anne."
"Eddie, hi. How you feeling?"
"Oh, feeling... I'm sick."
"Well, Eddie,you have a parasite.They're not exactly sure how you got it,but it would
explain the fever." I looked at him shock.

"That would make sense.Also, I'm hearing,
uh, a voice."
"Auditory hallucinations are actually very common."
"Oh, hey, Dan. How you doing? I didn't realize that you were on the call, too." Eddie said with jealousy.
"Yeah, I'm here."
"Hey, Dan,would this parasite...Would it, like, be able to make me, I don't know...Like, climb a really, really,really tall tree,but super, super fast"
"Uh, well, Eddie,it sounds like it might be causing some metabolic abnormalities that are making it hard for your body to maintain homeostasis."
"Dan, is Eddie going to be alright?" I asked.
"Oh, Hey Y/N, yes Eddie will be Fine we are
gonna get him on some meds,and we are gonna
clear that out."
"Will you stop doing that now.Not now." Eddie said, i looked at him.
"Eddie, we're just trying to help you." Anne said
"I know.I know. I'm just, I'm not actually talking to you, Annie."
"Who are you talking to? Was it Y/N?"
"I'm just gonna call you back,all right? Thank you. Thank you, Dan.Thank you. Thank you, both." He hanged up and rubbed his head.
"Eddie please tell me what's wron." I got cut off by a loud noise, Eddie looked so done. "I'll go check it out, stay here and rest." I told him as I left. I knocked on the door where the noise came from. A guy opened the door.

"Hey, can you turn your music down, please?" I asked. He smirked at me, "I would, for a price pretty girl." Eddie came behind me. "Turn down your music. Please." He said annoyed, the guy rolled his eyes, "whatever" Then I heard a growl behind me and the guy looked terrified and noded, "Uh yeah sure man." He closed the door fast and turned down the music. Eddie held my hand and we walked back.

"Do you still hear voices?" I asked, he nodded, "He always talks to me, I can't escape him." I touched his arm, "Eddie, I promise you we will help you." He smiles and as he was about to say something, there was a knock. "I'll get it." I said. Eddie grabbed my arm. I looked at him confused.

"He said not to open the door." Eddie placed me behind him. I was confused and then remember the "voice" I dealt with it and believed him. The knocks started to get louder. "I'm gonna need
Mr. Drake's property back." A man said and there was gun shots, i screamed and Eddie shielded me. The guys came in and surrounded me and Eddie. "I'm gonna put my hands up." Eddie put them up and then put them down, it kept repeating. I started at him confused, we are literally going to die and he's doing this. "Eddie what the hell are you doing!" I whisper yelled.

Then all of a sudden a black tentacle came out of Eddie's back, he even looked shocked, I was frozen, i couldn't even moved. Eddie's grabbed my arm. There was gun shots everywhere. Eddie carried me and we hid in an alley way. We were both out of breath. "Are you okay..?" Eddie's tried getting closer, I walked back. "Eddie, what the hell just happened?!, what came out of you? Why are those guys trying to get you?"  He looked at me, "it's the parasite, not parasite, he doesn't like that. Remember when I told you I went into the life foundation, well they want it back, the thing in my body " I just looked at him, I felt bad. "This feels crazy but At least we're safe right?" I was wrong, definitely wrong.

Eddie pulled me to the ground. Drones were flying above us, shooting. Eddie grabbed me towards his motorcycle, I grab his waist tightly. Today certainly wasn't a good day. A tentacle came out and was driving the motorcycle. I closed my eyes and held him tighter. We finally hid somewhere far. "I'm so sorry you have to deal with this N/N, I'm really sorry." He grabbed my cheek. "I wanna see it." He looked confused, "Show me the parasite." I said. "Y/N, w-what if you run away, what if you get scared-" I cut him off, "I promised you I wasn't going to leave again, show me." He looked at me and then thought to himself and nodded. All of a sudden he was consumed by darkness and he disappeared, there was a big, monster. I'm not going to lie, I was shitting myself. I took a deep breath.