Chapter 1

Me and Eddie have been friends for a long time, about 6 years. He is a reporter/journalist and I'm the main person of his camera crew. We're almost like a team, a duo. After the years past I started to develop a crush on Eddie, I mean would you blame me? He is sweet, handsome and intelligent. I admire him a lot.

Everything changed when he met Anne, Anne Weying. She's such an amazing,smart and beautiful women. I can see why he fell in love with her. When he first told me that they we're dating, my heart shattered. It still hurts even tho time has past. They got married and lived happily. I just had to face it, he wasn't going to love me. I'm just his friend, nothing more. But these feeling wouldn't go away, I had to suck it in. I don't want to ruin their marriage, their perfect for eachother, as long as he's happy....I'm happy..right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time past

Me and Eddie are heading towards an area they assigned us to go. As we arrived, i went to grab the camera and looked at Eddie, he gave me a nod, which means that he's ready, I counted down to 3 and started recording.

"Eddie Brock here reporting today from downtown Oakland,where massive demonstrations have taken over the streets. I've been chasing this real-estate bribery story for a few weeks now. This is gonna piss you off....all being strong armed...Medical examiner has yet to determine cause of death,due to the condition of the body, but you don't wind up at the bottom of a landfill due to natural causes,so it seems that the city doesn't care about these people any more than the killer does.I'm Eddie Brock, and this is The Brock Report." I stopped recording and let out a deep sigh.

"You did great as always." I smiled at him as I went to put the camera away at the car, he followed and he looked at me, he smiled cocky, "what can I say, I am amazing!" I rolled my eyes, "Don't get ahead of yourself, Brock" he laughed and we both entered the car. As he was driving, I got a text from our boss, Jack, it read,
"I want both of you to come see me at my office."
I read it to Eddie and he nods, "It probably won't be bad right?" He said.

Now we're both at his office sitting down, as he's looking at the window. "You know what I love
about this view? It never gets old." He said
"Yeah, well, uh...Height's not really my thing.But, uh...What's the deal?" Eddie responded nervously. "I got you both the big one, exclusive." He looked at us. My eyes widened and I smiled, "Yeah? Who?" I was excited. "Carlton Drake." He responded. "Carlton Drake?!" I responded excitedly. "He's so coo-" I got cut off by Eddie, "The man's a crook."

"He wants to talk about his rockets,assure everyone they're safe, that the crash was an anomaly."

"Uh...He's... He's seriously off." Eddie responded, annoyed.

"I'm gonna level with you. Carlton Drake could buy us with his pocket cash,turn this building into his own garage if he so wished. Now, you're just gonna ask him about his space program,you're gonna thank him, and you're gonna bid him a nice day."

"This could be exciting, I've always wanted to meet him and see the Life foundation!" I smiled, and Eddie looked at me annoyed. Jack looked at me and smiled,"See why can't you be like Y/N." "Again, he's a crook." Eddie replied.

"Eddie, when you had nowhere to go, we gave you a home. Now, you know we love the Eddie Brock show. There isn't a better investigative reporter working today, but no one is above the network. So do me a favor, Eddie, don't start your shit again."

I smiled and looked at Eddie, giving him a "please" look. He hesitated and sighed. "Alright, Alright. I'll do it." I smiled and so did Jack. Eddie walked out first than me and I stayed to talk to Jack.

"Told you it was gonna work." I smiled at him and gave him a fist bump. He laughed, "yeah yeah, just watch over him and make sure he doesn't do dumb shit." I looked at him and laughed and started to head towards the door, "you got it boss and thank you again for the opportunity!" I shouted. He laughed and went back to his desk.

As I walked outside, I saw Eddie and smiled at him, I ran up to him and hugged him. "Thank you, Thank you!" I kept repeating. He laughed and hugged back, "whatever, if I haven't said yes, you would keep complaining and complaining." I let go and smiled, "you know me so well!" He rolled his eyes and smiled. He looked at his watch , "I have to go, I have a date with Anne in an hour. See you tomorrow Y/N?" He says as he got on to his motorcycle. My smile faded, I nodded, "Yeah of course, have fun at your date!" I said and waved as he drove off. I sighed and started to walk back home.

I decided to go Mrs.Chen's store. I entered and smiled softly, "Good evening Mrs.Chen!" I said while walking towards the soda section. "Good evening Y/N, how was it today?" She smiled. I got my soda and went to place it down. "It went well, tomorrow we're going to the Life foundation!" I said excitedly as I put my soda down. She Scans it and I give her $5,

"That's wonderful Y/N, how's you and Eddie?" Her voice got soft, as she put the money in the cash register , I grabbed my soda. "Same as always, nothing new..." I smiled sadly looking down at my soda. "You really do love that boy, don't you?" She said smiling softly. I looked up and blushed, but I thought of him and Anne and shook my head, "it was just a silly crush.., plus he's married and happy. So I'm respecting their relationship."

Mrs. Chen smiled at me and got my change, "You really are such a wonderful girl, Y/N. Here's your change." She said handing it to me, i shook my head. "Please, keep it." I smiled, she hesitated and nodded. She put the money in the cash register. "Have a great evening, Mrs. Chen." I waved as I headed towards the door, "Get home safe Y/N!" She smiled. I walked home and threw my keys in the counter and headed towards my room. I changed and jumped on to my bed, I placed my phone at the lamp stand and fell asleep.