Epilogue

It was a busy day in San's restaurant. It's been one year. The restaurant has been bursting with activity ever since they had changed the location and concept recently.

"We obviously work well in a warm homely feel atmosphere," Tariq commented while playing with his baby boy. "Right, Ocean?" He asked the baby. Tariq and Astrid had named their baby 'Ocean'. It was such a beautiful name that denoted no religion or country of origin.

Sanvika smiled taking a wine bottle from the shelf. She had decorated this new shop exactly the same as the Goa one. The concept was Goa. The food, the wine, even the clothes the staff wore, reminded everyone of the beaches and beautiful sceneries.

"Hey, did you see that article in the newspaper about Shardul Bhai?"

"Yes. Finally, his book is being bought by the people." Shardul's book on the heritage of Goan architecture had gained a lot of attention and became a best seller.

Vivaan walked into the restaurant.

"Did you get your vaccine shot?" Sanvika asked. Vivaan's Covid Vaccine was scheduled for that day. Sanvika and the staff at the restaurant were already vaccinated.

"Yes. But...there is someone who wants to meet you."

"Hm?"

"Come outside"

Sanvika walked outside with Vivaan. Nirmala Singhania was waiting outside. Sanvika had not seen her mother for a year. Nirmala stayed in Bali and did not come back. She did not want to face her daughter. Vivaan expected an outburst from Sanvika. But she was just looking at her mother.

"The place looks nice," Nirmala said looking at the restaurant.

"Did you eat lunch yet?" was what Sanvika asked.

"No," Nirmala replied.

"Then come inside and have something," Sanvika said, and turned around and walked. Nirmala dried her tears and followed her daughter inside.

The End

(Hi... 

Hope you liked the novel. This was a different attempt than my normal style of writing. A bit of an experiment. Hope it is good. 

Thanks for all the votes. And please leave comments on your thoughts about this novel. )