Chapter 6

Sanvika was agitated. There was no reason for her to be so. Vivaan had said that he would not take her back to her home. Yet all the days Vivaan was in Goa, Sanvika was not herself. Shardul could notice that. Because Vivaan was always at the restaurant or near it. And all the time Vivaan was there, Sahvika looked uneasy. Her usual smile was not there. She occasionally stole looks at Vivaan with a look that clearly said that 'I wish he just leave'.

One evening, five days later... Vivaan started singing in front of the restaurant with a guitar. He was enjoying himself. In a short time, he managed to lure in Suchil, Aron and Shardul and San's staff.

"Mr Flower," Vivaan called Shardul with excitement and pulled him along to sing with him. Shardul was startled and perplexed. But finally sang along. Everyone was clapping and happy. But Shardul could see that only one person was not happy – Sanvika.

That night after the restaurant was closed, Sanvika came downstairs after freshening up and found Vivaann still there. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I got a bit drunk," Vivaan said, sounding tipsy. "Tariq said I could stay. Since he is going somewhere."

"It's Tariq Bhai. He is older..."

"Really?" He asked. "He is Tariq Bhai, and Mr Flower is just Mr Flower?" He teased. Sanvika squinted at him. "You know that Mr Flower likes you, right?"

"I know."

"Then why don't you give him a chance?"

"My choice..." Sanvika avoided Vivaan's eyes and began to clean the counter surface for no reason. "If you are staying, just quietly sleep on the sofa. And leave early morning. I am going up."

"Hey, wait." Vivaan stepped forward. Sanvika turned around. Suddenly they were too close. A little too close. And Vivaan could see Sanvika's cheeks getting flushed red. "Just got reminded of our first kiss." He mumbled. Sanvika looked up at him, looking really nervous. Vivaan was not taking eyes off her. "Shall we kiss once now?" Sanvika did not move so he edged forward.

"You told me to give Mr Flower a chance," Sanvika said suddenly. Vivaan stopped.

"Yeah. He seems like a nice chap."

"Is Jaime doing well?"

"We broke up."

"Oh..." Sanvika sounded sadly shocked. "When? Why?"

"When is – shortly after you left. Why is -... who will stay when you are conditioned to marry someone the family chooses?"

"Are you okay?"

He just shrugged

"So, are you dating anyone new now?" Vivaan always had someone.

"No. Taking a break."

Sanvika nodded.

He was not moving away from her. She looked at him, he looked at her. "One kiss?" He asked. Sanvika negligibly gulped. But she could see he was serious. So she tiptoed and put her hands around his neck and pressed her lips to his. Vivaan was about to kiss her back and put his hands around her waist when she pulled back. "That is all you get." She said.

It was the day when Vivaan set the rule that they can date as much as they want since they are destined to marry each other anyway.

They were fifteen. After school, Vivaan pulled Sanvika into the music room. "Listen, I know we are engaged. But we are friends, right?"

"Yeah..." Sanvika said confused.

"I mean, Vicky, we are just just friends."

"Yeah. What do you want to say?"

"Let's do it this way." He said, "We just need to get married right? Then we can. When it is time. But until then we can date whoever we want." Sanvika blinked at him. "What do you say? Deal?"

"You have a crush on Prateeksha, right?"

"No. Who said so?"

"I just know..."

"Eh..."

"Okay, deal. We can date whoever we want." She shook hands with him. "Done now?"

He smiled. Sanvika turned around to walk off. And she stopped and turned back.

"What happened?" Vivaan asked.

"If I date some guy... my first kiss will be with some random dude, I will eventually break up with. I don't want that." She turned around. "So... you take responsibility for the firsts. Because eventually, I will have to end up with you. And then without giving another warning, her hands were around Vivaan's neck, and her lips were on Vivaan's lips.

It was Vivaan's first kiss too. And he was a normal hormonal teenager. His eyes closed, his lips moved. It was not such a conscious decision. Or maybe it was... But then they were kissing. Having their first kiss. It lasted several minutes. By the time they were done, their lips felt a tiny bit sore. Vivaan looked into Sanvika's eyes. And she stepped back from him and turned around. And Vivaan was thankful for that because a tent was formed in his trousers. He turned around and sprinted outside.

Remembering that now, Vivaan was embarrassed. Sanvika was about to move away from him after the tiny peck of a kiss. But he caught her hand. She turned back to him. "You sure you don't want to come back?" She did not reply. "I miss you, Vicky..." He stepped closer. His eyes lingered on her lips, neck.

"I won't come back..." She said, looking up into his eyes. "Never... You leave. It will be good if it's as soon as possible."

Vivaan eyes got sharp with a tinge of anger. "You serious?"

"Yes."

"Last word."

"YES. You leave."

"Fine if you don't want to come. But why do you care if I stay here or not? Do you know how badly you have been treating me ever since I came here? What is your problem with me?"

"My problem is that you are here. It bothers me that you are here. You are wandering in front of my eyes. I don't want to see you. I really never want to see you." She screamed crying.

And that hurt. Vivaan stepped back. 'She never wants to see me' – he thought.

"So do me a favour and just go. Leave, Vivaan."

Vivaan took another step back.

"Okay..." he said. "If that is what you want." He sounded and looked hurt. "But I cannot go right at this moment because I will have to book a flight. But as soon as possible, I can vanish from your sight, as you want."

He turned around and left the place. And Sanvika stared after him.