Chapter Three

I gaped at the ride in his garage. Looking over at him, "You got to be kidding?" I looked over at him, "I prefer riding in a car?"

Anthony looked over at me, "I thought I told you no complaining around me?" he hissed.

"This is not complaining, I am just uncomfortable being on one," I crossed my arms, "the last time I been on one of these, I nearly died." I point to the red truck next to the motorcycle, "how about let's ride in that thing?"

"The way I ride that, you don't need to worry, now let's go! Or else you will be late!" I sighed at this, then I realized this was my chance to be close to this person, even though my love for Anthony grew cold after he left,  it started fluttering while wrapping around his stomach, as the engine started, he handed me a blue helmet. Strapping it on while he put his black one on. We were off, asking me where my school was, since he never been there. It was a private school, one that I wouldn't be able to afford without my mother. The school was called, Sky High. A place where middle school and high school are on the same property. Although the buildings are separate from each other.

I gripped tighter, "I am planning to quit school!" I shouted from the motor being loud.

"Why would you want to do that?" he wondered, confused about my actions.

"I can't afford it without my mom, paying for it!"

Anthony dropped me off at school, a few blocks from the building. So that nobody sees me getting off his motorcycle, 'Is this for my protection or his?' knowing he is a mysterious man and doesn't like people very much, unless they are in his gang. I waved at him, running over to the school. Turning around, to see him ride away. My friend Pete greeted with a pat on my shoulder outside the school building.

"Hey, how was your weekend dude?" he wondered, as we sat in the cafeteria, till our first class starts.

I choked on the root beer that I bought from the vending machine. I didn't want Pete to know what happened, I prefer keeping that information private, worried that he will tell a grown up and then child service would be called, "My weekend was a good one," I lied, "had an outing with my mom which was rare."

Pete gaped at that, knowing the situation between me and my mother. How she treated me, "Wow that's good to know, does that mean you two are on better terms?"

Inwardly sighed, not wanting to lie to my friend, but what choice do I have, "Yeah we are on better terms," I told him, looking down at the table, wondering where she is now.