Chapter 8

I wait patiently by the staircase of the school's main building. Patiently waiting for Ambrose.

He texted telling me to not leave the place yet, and so I didn't. It was a good thing that he texted or else I would've left already and regret it so much.

My only question is, did he need something? Because knowing Ambrose, he wouldn't just casually text someone like that for no reason. He's probably going to ask me to bring something back to campus! I mean I could do that, I was on my way there, anyway.

No, but this is seriously killing my curiosity! What if it's because he'll ask me to stop being friends with him? Or he'll scold me for bringing a friend? Was there a policy to not bring someone? Oh my gosh! Don't tell me...

Did he find out about Kasper and Mimi? No way!

"Ophelia?"

I snap out of my thoughts the moment I heard a familiar voice in front of me. My head jerks up to see Ambrose standing calmly, with one hand holding onto the strap of his duffel bag that's hung on his shoulder.

Automatically, I stand up in a rush. "Ambrose!" I greet cheerfully, nervousness hiding beneath.

"D—did you need something?" I ask.

Please say no!

"Have you eaten?" He asks in a very calm yet soft tone.

Huh?

My awkward smile fades as soon as I heard him ask. Don't tell me we have to eat first before talking about the problem that I don't know about! Eating while talking about a problem makes me even more uneasy!

Still, it would be wrong to lie and tell him I have indeed eaten when I clearly haven't.

I slowly shake my head as an answer.

"Then I'll treat you. There's a diner nearby, do you want to eat there?"

My brows raise at his sudden invitation. "Treat me? For what?"

He, too, raised a brow at my question. Then, he looked down using only his eyes, seeming as if he's incredibly lost and confused. How cute.

"Because you came here?" Ambrose looks back at me.

His answer caused me to snicker lightly. I was overthinking it.

"Sure then!" I grin. "Let's go!"

We enter the nearby diner that Ambrose had suggested

We enter the nearby diner that Ambrose had suggested. The diner had the typical black and white checkered floor and white-colored wall plastered with a bunch of retro posters. Only a few customers were there which means there was a lot of empty tables.

"Shall we sit there?" I pointed to an empty table located beside the window. He looks at it before nodding at me and walking there.

I take a seat in front of him and placed my belongings beside me. Afterwards, a waitress walks to our table.