Chapter 3

What should I do? What am I suppose to do?

Why did I have to pinch Ambrose's cheek and get myself into this situation? You're so stupid Ophelia Peterson, you're so stupid!

I've been pacing back and forth inside my room, panicking about my meet-up with Ambrose later on. I even stressed myself out because of how I kept trying on various of outfits, when in reality I'm just going to apologize and leave immediately.

I couldn't even sleep a wink last night because of much I was overthinking the situation. Is he gonna forgive me? Does he think I'm some weirdo now? Or will he not even show up?

Mimi assured me a hundred of times through call but nothing was genuinely calming me down! I'm nervous that Ambrose is meeting me but I'm more nervous at what will actually happen.

Universe, take the wheel.

I wear the outfit I first chose, which was a comfortable yet cute one. Then I put on my perfume and watch to complete the look.

I take a look at myself on the mirror and close my eyes. Inhale. Exhale.

Let's not worry! I'm pretty sure he'll forgive me and forget about what I did! Yeah, totally. He's not the type to hold grudges after all.

At least that's what I think.

I sigh and prepare myself to leave, heading to the location that I was informed by Claudia. She told me to meet him up at the café that we went to yesterday since it was close to school.

Which was weird because how did she even manage to contact Ambrose when she never talked to him before but yesterday?

I shrug off the thought, seeing how after one turn to this building, I'll be arriving soon at the café. I'm low-key starting to regret this now.

I intentionally slower my pace of walking, just so I wouldn't reach there quickly and have a heart attack. The moment I'll see Ambrose is the moment where I would want to escape and leave.

But Claudia's going to beat my ass once she finds out I didn't meet him, so I'll just get this over with quick and inhale every oxygen I breathe when it's done.

I arrive outside the café and immediately saw a figure writing something down on what seemed to be a notebook. Since the café had glass walls, I could clearly see what's going on inside.

And that figure that I saw was no doubt Ambrose.

He had casual clothes on. His hair drooping down neatly to his forehead while wearing glasses, focused on writing. He also had his eyebrows furrowed with both of his arms laying on top of the table.

As always Ambrose is attractive looking. I'm so blessed to witness this view.

I bite my lip out of anxiety and sighed one more time before entering the café, acting as if I'm literally not on the verge of crying inside.

There was no use calling his name out as he already looked up from writing and locked eyes with me.

Is it too late to escape now?

"Oh, I'm sorry for not noticing you. Please have a seat," he calmly says, offering me the seat in front of him.

I widen my eye. "N—no it's okay! I just arrived now, no worries," I smile to him, sitting down the chair.

He sets his notebook and pen against the wall, and clears his throat before pulling a paper bag under the table and laying it on the top. I observe awkwardly as he was doing all those.

He slides it to my direction and clears his throat. "Uh, about yesterday—"

"Yes, about yesterday! I'm really, really sorry for doing that to you and catching you off-guard. I swear I was not on my right mind and have no excuses for it, please forgive me!" I ramble.