Chapter 4

"And then I went home!" I squeal in-between, earning concerning looks from others as we walk.

Claudia scoffs, "luck was definitely pitying you yesterday," she shakes her head.

I've been telling them the story of how I coincidentally met Ambrose yesterday on the bench and what we had talked about. And as I was telling it to them, I've come to the realization that I was indeed so lucky.

So lucky that whenever I think about it I can't stop having butterflies. It's officially captured on my memories now because we never know, that might be our last moment together.

"You finally got noticed by him, Lia! Good job!" Mimi compliments me. I grin at her happily.

We were on our way to the campus cafeteria because we finally had the chance to take it together! Our schedules weren't overlapping and this happens once in a blue moon, so we took the opportunity immediately.

Arriving at the there, we walk to an empty table and placed our belongings on top.

"Mimi, watch the table for us while we get our food, okay?" Claudia asks. Mimi nods at her, going on her phone.

Claudia and I leave the table, walking to the line where we'll be getting our food. We fall in line and wait for our turn patiently. The meals today must be so good since the line's long.

"Lia, what do you think of becoming a model for my future company?" She abruptly asks.

I raise a brow, not taking her seriously. "Are you making fun of me?"

She gasps dramatically. "Why would I? You would suit it perfectly, you know? You're missing out on this perfect opportunity,"

I roll my eyes at her. The line was moving, so we move forward as well.

"Oh yeah? What company are you going to put up?" I ask, actually curious of it.

"A lingerie company."

I hit her immediately, scowling. "Dumbass, you really think I would do something like that?"

She laughs at my reaction, covering her mouth so that people won't stare at her. I continue to glare, threatening her with my fist.

"Then do you want to become the main character of my future novel?" I put down my hand, giving her a sweet and innocent smile.

She looks at me suspiciously. "What's it gonna be about?"

"Intelligence," I shortly say. Then she raises her brow, not expecting that answer.

"Oh really? I thought it would be something abo—"

"And the title is, 'Why Being Stupid is Hard'." I hear a snicker behind me and before I could even react, Claudia pushes me too far, making me bump into someone's body.

I was about to stumble further after losing balance but a pair of hands grab my shoulders and helped me avoid the fall.

"Be careful," I hear a familiar voice softly say behind me.

That voice is...

I stand up straight in panic and immediately turned around, seeing Ambrose standing in front of me with someone beside him.

It's Jace! Their team Captain! Ambrose also caught me from falling— Holy shit, I embarrassed myself again.

My eyes widen and my face was heating up due to embarrassment. "I'm really sorry!" I apologize sincerely, standing beside Claudia again in a hurry.

How many times am I going to continue embarrassing myself?

I feel a nudge on my arm and I turn to the side, seeing Claudia keeping her lips on a thin line. She's probably trying to stifle a laugh.