"I Will Never Be Your Dream Girl"

Notes:  Dang this took so long to upload

Later on in the day, we all ended up back in the hospital room. I had already been examined by a doctor and the side of my face received stitches from the nurse. The doctor had given me a concussion test that came up false, saying that with what happened it was a miracle that I was functioning perfectly fine.

One of the prices of a secret is that you can't tell anyone even if they find out.

Icarus, Cadeus, and Wilbur had all dragged me out to the cafeteria of HHW, ordering some food for themselves. Wilbur purchased a plate of some sort of meat for me to eat. In all honesty, it looked rather appealing with the steam coming off of it and the red sauce that went with the dish.

"Caddy, I want my fifty." Icarus exclaimed as soon as we sat down in the back.

"Don't gaslight me, I don't owe you no fifty dollars. You put on that maid- that pizza delivery outfit all by yourself!" Caddy replied with too much enthusiasm.

"Wait, didn't you say in the car-" Wilbur tried to interject.

"No, shush, don't say a damn thing." Caddy moved his hand to hover over Wilbur's mouth, not necessarily touching it.

Wil shoved Caddy's hand away while smirking at his words. "No, you clearly said 'Icarus Birdy Boy-"

"Hey! Don't talk shit about my name like that!" Icarus interrupted Wil, not even looking at Caddy. Icarus gave Wilbur a nervous stare while the healer kept looking at Icarus with the grin of the century.

"Icarus Birdy Birb Bird Boy," Caddy started, "You get paid more than I do and ya still can't get no bitches."

The last sentence caused Wilbur and I to almost choke on our food. Caddy seemed to notice us failing to stifle our laughter which only encouraged him to continue.

"Plus, you even swiped right on every girl you ever saw on Tinder and STILL couldn't get any girlfriends. My guy, my friend, my android in denial pal, when the hell was the last time you found a maiden?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Icarus poorly defended himself and returned to eating his food.

"As a matter of fact-"

"Maidenless." Wilbur intervened. Caddy opened his mouth to say something, only to have Icarus shove a spoon into his mouth and then aggressively pat his back.

"It's okay, Caddy! You've been alive longer than I have and still got no maidens. Here is your complimentary L, take it and have a good day contacting roast patrol." Icarus drew an L onto the table right next to Cadeus's plate.

"Birdy boy-" Caddy smacked his hand away.

"Birdy boy is about to become Birdy Dead if he doesn't shut his mouth," I commented after my laughter and giggling had subsided.

Moving onto the next target of conversation, Icarus looks over to Wilbur after stuffing his mouth with food.

" 'Ey Wil, are you gonna go get a girlfriend soon?" Icarus suddenly questioned.

"I'm not too sure. I'm still considering it," He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know how it would affect Avery. You know, seeing me with another woman and all."

"You gotta eventually show her that your feelings matter too," Bird boy spoke up. "You are her dad and you need to be happy too. Plus, if she gets a mother, maybe then you can come back and work with us."

"Come back and work with you guys?" I questioned all of them collectively.

"It's... complicated..." Wilbur sighed.

There was an awkward silence from them. It was likely at least a minute passed before Caddy spoke up.

"Wilbur was released from H-H-W," Caddy started explaining, "We don't know why, either. But he's been allowed to kind of.. Stand by our side while we work? Not fight, of course, but Wilbur's Wilbur, can't keep the old man down!"