All These Questions

Not too soon after the whole façade, I heard Wilbur calling out to Avery and I from outside of the 'shed'. Icarus was screaming out at the top of his lungs, to which the child and I looked at each other and burst into laughter.

"Avery! Delma! Where are y-"

"NOOO! I DON'T WANT TO BE DRAFTED!" Icarus screeched, "YOU TAKE FOREVER IN A MALL, THIS FATE IS WORSE THAN DEATH. Wilbur I swear to God that you would PUT CADDY TO SHAME WITH HOW LONG IT TAKES YOU TO SHOP!"

"Do they do this every time?" I looked at Avery, we both were failing to hide snickers and smiles.

"No, this is a more calm day." She replied, setting down one of the kittens, getting up and struggling to open the door.

"Calm? Damn, I must be real lucky," I got up, opening the door with ease.

We were met with an image of Wilbur quite literally dragging Icarus -a full-grown man with wings- off of the porch and down the stairs. Icarus' wings were dragging with him, and I could've sworn that this man was crying for even just a second.

"Icarus, you do this every time!" Wilbur argued, dragging him to a black SUV that was parked on the side of the house.

"Each time I keep hoping it works!" Icarus argued back, letting limp so his body would seem to weigh heavier.

Avery and I walked over, the door shutting itself behind us. The kid hopped on top of her uncle, flopping down right over his stomach. Wilbur gave up pulling, the load being too heavy for him. With a look of amusement, I made my way over to next to Wilbur, looking down at the two.

"Oh thank fuck, Avery, your father is trying to send me to Brazil. Do you see this? This is absolute abuse. He is going against my legal rights, I'm going to sue him. See, Chicken, this is why I favor Avery more. She's cooler, she's much better tha-" Icarus started going on a tangent, and Wilbur rolled his eyes with a sigh. I decided to cut in.

"Get the hell up." I commanded him. Icarus glared at me with an emotionless face.

"What did you just say?" He asked with a tone of disbelief and betrayal.

"Get. The. Hell. Up." Once more I spoke, squatting down while leaning my elbows on my knees. "Or, personally, I will ragdoll you into the goddamn car."

He looked away and scoffed, suddenly smirking and giggling.

"You couldn't possibly lift me. You're a woman."

"Excuse me?"

"Excuse US?" Other Me suddenly appeared, sitting on the top of the car. Her head snapped downward to look at Icarus.

"You heard me. You're a woman, you can't lift me." Icarus repeated, tone and body language mocking me.

"Icarus-" Wilbur tried to intercept, but I didn't let the poor man speak.

"Is that a challenge, little birdie?" I taunted him. Other Me made tweeting sounds, causing me to snicker just a little bit.

"Actually, yes, that is a challenge." Icarus teased, and Avery got off of him, getting up to watch with the most amused expression I've ever seen from her.

"Is he challenging us?"

'Yes. He is absolutely challenging us.'

"Then win already."

'No.'

"Why not."

'He's too heavy and strong for me to take on.'