Kabanata 28: Every Single Night

Magsimula sa umpisa

But it's all different now.

It is something I enjoy and love, kahit na nakakabwisit minsan, natutunan kong enjoyin ang industry na 'to, kung wala yung tulong nina Silas, Dominic at mga kapatid ko e 'di sana matagal na 'kong sumuko.

"...and it's my responsibility, and if not for me, not for my help, then maybe we wouldn't have caught that Villanueva, right?" sabi ko sabay kindat kay Silas.

Napangiti naman siya at lumambot ang pagkakahawak niya sa kamay ko, napangiti rin ako sa kanya.

"Yes, thank you, Aster." he said.

"With this achievement, we are going to gain a lot of support from families, they will trust us because of what I've done with Silas. New business--"

"How could you even think of that?" galit na sabat ni Karine sa tabi ni dad at mom.

"Yan pa talaga ang nasa utak mo? Nababaliw ka ba? You almost fucking died, Aster--"

"She didn't try to kill me Odel--"

"But she would have!" Cerine interrupts with anger.

It was my first time hearing Cerine's anger from her voice alone, she wasn't angry she was frustrated, Cerine cares about me a lot, not just me but our whole family so when something happens she doesn't hesitate to bring her protective side.

"She would have killed you, if she threatened you then she's thought about it. A fucking plan to kill you, Geneva. And you..." Cerine's voice broke as she bit her lips to hold back herself from crying.

Oh no, Cerine snapped.

Shit.

Dahan-dahang lumapit si mom sa'kin at hinawakan ang kamay ko ng mahigpit at tsaka siya nagiwan ng halik sa palad ko at sa likod din ng kamay ko, nakita ko ang pagtulo ng mga luha niya galing sa mata niya pababa sa pisngi hangang sa baba niya.

I may have hurt my family because of my actions, but this is what should have happened.

We caught her, we did it, I just never expected my family to be this hurt.

They truly care for me.

They really love me and I'll forever be grateful for that.

"Please don't do it again, Aster, okay?" mom whispers softly and pulled me into an embrace.

I'm not sure kung hindi ko 'to ulet gagawin pero pagdating sa responsibilidad ko bilang isang Dixon at miyembro ng CREED, it looks I would do it again if I have to, mom, and I'm sorry.

I am so sorry.

I ordered Dominic to let my family stay in my hotel for tonight, Dominic is currently talking care of everything habang nasa loob pa rin kaming dalawa ni Silas dito sa private room ko.

"You have a lot of questions, don't you?" tanong niya sabay inom ng tubig.

Umupo ako sa kama at humarap din sa kanya, sumandal siya sa may gilid ng pinto ng kwarto, he looked at me as if he's ready to answer for any of my questions to him.

"How long have you known? That it was Harriet?"

"Months ago, a few months before you graduated. I was shocked, and surprised because I trusted her so much. She was remarkable and talented, and then... it just all happened."