Kabanata 10.5: The World Against Us

Start from the beginning

She didn't give off a cold or goddess mood from her sisters, she gave off positive and warm energy. Something that he didn't know he needed.

He didn't want to admit it but he was interested in her.

She loved cactuses, she loves sweets, she loves shopping, her favorite brand is CHANEL and Yves Saint Laurent, and her favorite color is purple and orange.

But he wanted to know more about her, but why is it that he's that interested in her?

She's just one of the siblings he had to serve in return for their family saving him from hell and helping him to return to a life he's supposed to have before.

But it turns out that it's not just himself who is interested in her... it might also be the other way.

He followed her at the garden not knowing what was really going on, he is a bit worried because she's been acting quite odd around him.

"Ms. Dixon, are you alri--"

"Alright? Alright? Paano ako magiging 'alright' dahil sa'yo? Kahapon ka pa! I'm so annoyed, irritated, and upset because of you!"

What had he done to upset her?

He was lost, he was confused, and he didn't understand her and her thoughts.

He was trying so hard to observe her and find out why by just looking at her expression while keeping a serious face at the same time.

"You look so fucking beautiful and so good that I can't just help myself when it comes to you. Yung mga tingin mo, ngiti mo, tapos ngayon acting as if you really care about me is driving me crazy!"

Ha?

Dominic was dumbfounded inside when he listened to her words.

Is he hearing this right? Is this real? Is someone playing a joke to his ears because this is not a good joke, he's actually surprised.

"Namumula ako sa tuwing nakikita kita, 'di kaya ako nakatulog dahil sa'yo! Kakaisip sa'yo! You did upset me, Dominic Herrero."

No, this is true. This is real.

"Big fucking time."

But why?

"I'm upset because I think I've fallen for you when I've just met you."

Why him?

Why did it have to be him?

Out of anyone she could've fallen for, why him? He has nothing, he was nothing, he's just a man who survived and was saved by her family, nothing more.

And so he had to reject her, he tried to be harsh and yet he couldn't do it... he couldn't tell her that he dislikes her.

He couldn't pretend that he dislikes her, because... because... why?

"It's impossible for us... to be together..."

Yes, yes... that is why.

It is impossible for them to be together from the beginning anyway. How could they have a chance when they both belong in two different worlds.

She's a Dixon and she's just a man.

He doesn't have any time for such a thing, for love, for liking anyone, for any relationships.