Five. Apologies

Começar do início

I honestly couldn't help myself. They were delicious, and I was weak. Maybe I could have gotten away with eating just one, but it's pretty much impossible to eat just one cupcake after getting a taste.

I had felt the aftermath of eating the cakes though, so I guess that was my punishment. The sugar-filled cakes tasted like heaven, until they settled. Then, my stomach began to churn with nauseation, and there was a strong desire to empty the contents on my stomach.

"It's oka-, I mean," I looked up to see him scratching the back of his head, looking awkward. "Thanks. Thank you."

"So, you like them?" I said hopefully.

"I haven't tasted them yet," he reminded me.

My shoulders slumped a little. "True."

"But I'm sure I will," he said quickly.

I smiled as the bell rang. "Well, I guess we'd better get to class."

"Mhmm," he responded.

"See you later?"

He shrugged which wasn't much of an answer, but I took what I could get.

"Bye," I waved a little and rushed off.

Well, it didn't go horribly.

¥ ¥ ¥

"Here."

I looked up from my phone in time to see an empty plastic container drop onto my desk.

I watched Aidan take his seat next to me, before I turned my gaze back to the container. I took off the lid and looked at the crumbs. I instantly brightened up.

"You ate them!" I squealed.

"Actually, I threw them one by one off the Eiffel Tower," he deadpanned.

I looked at him. "Are you always so sarcastic?"

"Depends on who I'm talking to."

I pursed my lips not knowing if I should take that as a compliment.

"Well...?" I trailed off expectantly.

"Well what?" He leaned back in his seat and swiped his hand though his hair which was admittedly very hot.

I wondered if he knew how attractive that made him look and did it on purpose, or if he was completely unaware and it was more of an absentminded thing.

"Did you like the cupcakes?" I demanded, chewing my bottom lip anxiously.

He stalled for a while, staring off into to space. I was about to ask him again, thinking he hadn't heard me, when he glanced at me.

"If I didn't like them I wouldn't have eaten the whole thing."

I smiled widely, barely containing myself. "Really? Oh wow, that's awesome! You know, I'm not much of a cook. In fact, I'm terrible. I actually burned, like, three batches before I got it right, so to hear that you liked them is amazing!" I clasped my hands together, my legs bouncing in excitement.

Aidan stared at me, his eyebrows cocked up. He looked like he was suppressing a smile, but maybe that was just my overexcited brain playing tricks on me.

"You're really weird," he finally said.

"You've said."

Class began shortly after. Mrs. Carol jumped right into a lecture about the first book we were reading, Jane Eyre. She clearly didn't play around. It was only the second day, and she was already assigning us a book.