Chapter 8: The First Week

Quick note here, since we are in Slytherin, and mostly because I'm lazy, I'm going to ignore the fact that classes usually only consisted of two houses. This is just for my convince, I'm sorry if you don't like this but it just makes it a lot easier for me. Alright see you guys laters I hope you're enjoying this.

The entire hall was silent. No one was clapping. I felt as though I'd been slapped in the face. Slytherin. I was sorted into Slytherin.

What were Mum and Dad going to think? What about my brothers? Slytherin?

"Mr. Weasley." Professor McGonagall's voice called, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Would you kindly take your seat now."

I nodded. My mouth was bone dry. I shakily got out of the stool and made my way over to the Slytherin table, looking over to my brothers and Harry at the Gryffindor table.

Only Fred and George were watching me. Percy had a look of disgust on his face, looking away quickly upon catching my gaze, and Ron was staring to intently at his plate, one would think it had sprouted a head.

At that point Dumbledore had risen to a podium to give a speech, not that I was paying any attention. I was too lost in my own thoughts.

Then, as if by magic, food appeared in front of me, not that I had any appetite. I just sat there staring down at my plate, my mouth feeling like sand paper.

How was I going to tell Mum and Dad, what was I going to do. I felt sick to my stomach. It wasn't long before the food that so suddenly appeared, disappeared just as quickly.

I still felt as though I was going to be sick when Dumbledore retook his spot at the front of the hall, and gave a speak to them, not that I was paying much attention to it.

And before I knew it I was heading out of the hall, looking longingly at my brothers as the ascended the large staircase, while I was relegated to walk down to the dungeons.

"Well well well look who it is." A voice sneered at me as I entered into my dormitory. "A Weasley in Slytherin, who let this blood traitor in eh?" Malfoy sneered at me.

"Lay off it Mouthoff." I told him glaring at him and his two goons.

"What are you going to do (Y/n)? Make me?" Malfoy said with a laugh.

"You better hope I don't." I growled at him. Malfoy's two goons took a few steps towards me menacingly.

"Oi break it up over there." A voice said as a girl walked over. "Don't make me get Snape."

This seemed to deter Malfoy, as he looked at the girl, before pushing past me into the dormitory.

"Thanks." I muttered to her.

"What's you're name?" She asked me.

"Er (Y/n)." I told her.

"You're the Weasley boy?" She asked me curiously. "The Weasley in Slytherin."

"Yeah that's me." I told her glumly.

"Look don't worry about it too much, I'm sure you'll find the sorting hat made the right decision." She said to me with a smile. "Just try to make the best of it."

And with that she walked away, leaving me with my thoughts. She was right, there was nothing I could do about this, the only thing I could do was make the best of a bad situation.

It took me a while to fall asleep but when I finally did I was plagued with nightmares again, which once more evaded me as I woke up.

I got dressed hastily, heading down to the Great Hall in time to catch the mail. I saw The family owl fly over the table dropping a letter for me from Mum and Dad.