Chapter 4: Platform Nine and Three Quarters

"Ah there you are (Y/n)!" Mum called to me as I walked down the street. She was standing outside Flourish and Blotts, the book store, ladened with bags, with Ginny next to her holding one herself.

"Here let me grab those mum." I told her running over to her and grabbing a few bags off of her.

"Why thank you dear." Mum told me, planting a kiss on my head.

"Where are the others mum?"

"Oh Fred and George are off somewhere, Percy is looking at new quills, and Dad's taken Ron to look at brooms." Mum explained to me.

The rest of the day went by rather quickly, and before long we were all lined up in front of the fireplace in the Leaky Cauldron.

"Alright then. Percy you first." Dad said. Dad followed him, with the twins going next, then me and Ron, and finally mum and Ginny.

...

The next few weeks felt like an eternity. I could not wait to go to Hogwarts.

"What are you doing?" Ron asked sounding annoyed as he entered our room.

"I'm reading Ronald, these books as really interesting!" I told him not looking up from my transfiguration book.

"And what about these ones?" He asked gesturing to the other books strewn around the room.

"Those are the boring ones." I replied simply.

"(N/n) you realize these are most of the books." Ron said with a laugh. I just shrugged at this.

"I don't get how you can just read a book for fun." Ron said shaking his head in disbelief.

"Ron this is magic we're going to be learning!" I told him excitedly. "We're going to need to know this stuff!"

"And all this stuff?" Ron asked bemused, gesturing once more to the discarded books.

I just shrugged again. "I'll figure it out."

Ron just stood there shaking his head. He stood there for a minute longer before asking. "So wanna play quidditch? The twins are already out there, and so is Ginny."

"Alright then." I told him closing the book and springing to my feet.

We ended up playing quidditch for the rest of the day, Fred and George were using sticks to hit balls at us, pretending to be beaters, while Ginny and I did our best to throw a leather ball past Ron.

After what felt like a year it was finally time. Today was the I day I got to go to Hogwarts. I woke up on time for once, although I had had a nightmare.

I didn't quite remember it very well, but it sounded like there was some kind of siren.

"Wake up Ron wake up!" I cried to him shaking him awake.

He just groaned at me, rolling over. "Get up Ron! Today's the day!" I told him, shaking him harder.

"Shaddup." Ron groaned hitting me with a pillow.

"Need some help there (N/n)?" Fred asked poking his head into our room.

"We've got just the thing." George added poking out on the other side.

"Ready Fred?" Fred asked George.

"I always am George." George replied.

The twins fiddled with something in their pockets, before tossing something into the room.

"You may want to get out of the way." Fred said.

As confused as I was I listened to my brother. I'd found that was usually the best course of action.