PART 17: Audacious

Start from the beginning

"Hello, Off," I answered the call.

"Yin in his room. Did he not like to take medicine?" Off asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"I forced him but he still didn't want to eat."

I let out a deep breath before answering because I already know Yin always behaves like this every time he doesn't feel well."I will go there," I said and ended the call.

I ordered McDonald's porridge since he likes to eat it when he's not feeling well. I walked to his room as I knew if Off forced him to eat, he would refuse and I just needed to make sure he ate before I went back.

Knock Knock Knock

Off opened the door and I saw Yin lay on his bed, not facing me.

"I will go now," Off said and I just nodded.

I walked to him and put my palm on his forehead. It's hot.

"Yin," I said and he opened his eyes slowly.

"War?"

"War," he immediately changed his position to sit and cupped my face."Is that really you?"

I pushed his hand and opened the rice porridge."You need to eat and take your medicine," I said coolly and gave him the bowl of porridge. He took it without saying anything but his eyes kept staring at me.

"Eat"

He looked at porridge, then looked at me again, wanting to say he didn't have appetite to eat and I just raised my eyebrows, forcing him to eat because he needs to take his medicine.

"If you don't eat, I will go now." I stood up and he immediately grabbed my wrist. "Okay, I will eat. Please..."

He bowed his head.

"...don't leave me," he said and I just watched him eating without both of us saying anything. There is a lot to say but nothing came out as he also understood I didn't want to talk about that in his condition like that.

I gave him the medicine and he also ate it.

"You want to go now?" He asked when he saw I stood up.

"Yeah"

"I already promised Pack to meet him."

I threw away the plastic bowl to the dustbin and looked at him as there was no reply from him.

"Take care and..."

"thank you," he said after becoming silent for a moment and smiled a little.

I just hummed and went out of the room, not looking at him. Is he really not saying anything when I told him I wanted to meet Pack? Whatever.

...............................................

I went to the hall since Pack had his debate practice there and I noticed a lot of students because Pack had told me the competition was coming but I'm not sure when it is.

"War," Pack waved and ran towards me.

"Why are you so late? I thought you're not coming."

"I have something to take care of first," I answered and sat in the empty seat there, then opened my phone to inform Off about Yin.

I looked at Pack that sat beside me and didn't move, just staring at me

"You said you have practice."

"Yeah, just waiting for my turn."

"Emmm, can you come to my competition next month?"

"This is my first debate competition...so emm.. I hope you can come," he looked at me with shiny eyes, hoping that I would say yes and I smiled at him.