PART 2: Ambiguous

┍━━━━━»•» «•«━┑
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦. 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘶𝘴.
┕━»•» «•«━━━━━┙

『𝙒𝘼𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑』

"I miss you."

"I miss you, War."

Yin gave me an embrace and I stood motionless, unable to give him one in return since I was startled to see him again. It was totally unexpected of me.

Is this a dream?

No, this wasn't a dream. I had always said that he gave me a level of comfort that I couldn't receive from anybody else and when he gave me a hug, I was able to experience that comfort once more, which energized every cell in my body.

"I remember our promise, War. That's why I'm here," Yin said, continuing to hug me.

"Yin..."

I was so stunned and my voice was becoming stuck in my throat, that I had no idea what to say. We haven't spoken since I moved, so it had been close to two years since I last saw him and spoke with him.

He remembered the promise for us to study at the same university?

Is he really remembered?

I had never checked his social media updates because I know that if I did, I would start to miss him a lot and would end up making the foolish decision to go back to my old school. It took me time to get over him because he was the first person to ever give me butterflies in my stomach and whatever that had happened between us before this had really changed who I was.

Our separation and distance for almost two years had changed me and I guess my feelings for him weren't longer like before. I learned from our past experiences and I was sure he also did the same thing. We were just high school students at that time.

On the day the results of admission to the university were announced, I really wanted to know what university Yin got because it was a lie if I didn't remember him at all...

He was the first person that came into my mind because I still remember our promise but I didn't expect he would also remember it either because I asked James, Win and Gun but they said they knew nothing about Yin.

They said that Yin changed and became quieter after I moved to a new city. He stopped being friends with Fern and spent all his time studying. He also speaks when necessary, which made me feel somewhat guilty because did I truly cause him to change?

"Please promise me that you will take care of yourself."

That's what I said to him before I moved but he didn't take care of himself properly. If I had known earlier, I would have gone to visit him at his house and scold him again and again until he took care of himself.

"Yin...is this really you?" Stupid question slipped out of my mouth without me realising it because I was still in shocked. After a moment, I returned his hug and rubbed his back, my lips turned into a tiny smile.

We then exchanged looks after he broke our embrace. His hair was much longer than it had been before and he looked...more handsome.

"Why are you still cute like this?" He chuckled and pinched my cheek like he used to do which made me shiver at his action as despite the fact that we hadn't spoken in nearly two years, he didn't seem awkward at all.

"Auww, Yinnn." I caressed my cheek, pouting.

"Sorryyy." He continued to smile while stroking my hair and giving me an unblinking gaze. I also fixed him in my eyes and let him stroke my hair, allowing him to touch me and ignoring the fact that I hate physical contact in general.