Then Alice's vision was blocked by a cold and wet towel, "This should help the swollen eyes," Irene said pressing the towel on Alice's eyes not too harshly.

Alice was touched by her action, it reminded what her mother did when she cried.'

"It reduces the swollen, sweetie, don't cry anymore."

Her mother said.

"I wish you not to cry anymore," Irene said.

Alice started to sob.

"Huh? I just told you not to cry!?"

Irene panicked.

Did I do something wrong again?

"Irene is stupid."

Irene was confused but went along, "Yes yes, I am stupid," she said repeating Alice's words.

The tears continued to flow, Irene felt like there was no end; however, they calmed after fifteen minutes.

Irene and Alice sat on the bed, "What happened?"

Alice paused for a moment, "I didn't take the test," the brown-haired girl looked down and fiddled with her fingers.

"I was afraid without you, I didn't want to receive the same looks I got during my parents' funeral."

Alice went on.

"Before I went in, everyone's gazes landed on me, and I walked away."

Alice felt ashamed, "Don't worry, there is another exam day tomorrow for the ones who didn't make it for the first one!"

Irene felt chipper, "I'll go with you for this one, let's start studying!"

She pulled Alice off the bed, "Y-yeah!"

Alice replied as she started to gain back her bubbly energy, "Ignore those gazes, focus on the path in front of you."

Irene said to her.

"Irene, sometimes I can't tell if you are my mom or my close friend," Alice started to laugh, Irene looked at her for a moment.

"I mean I can be both!"

Irene said and those two girls linked hands.

"Cheer up! Let's go to the library now," Irene said smiling, "Yes, let us go!"

We have one thing in common, we are both now motherless...

Irene felt horrible thinking about that, but at least she has a friend that she can relate to and trust.

The girls spend hours in the library, studying hard. Irene helped Alice with some questions, they even had their meals there.

"Oh gee," Roxy said walking into the library to see Alice and Irene asleep while sitting on chairs with their head laying on books.

"Should we wake them up?"

"No, let them sleep," Mal said.

"Don't you think Elle is going to scold us?"

Roxy asked terrified.

"Get the blankets," Elle said behind them, the two girls flinched from surprise.

"When did you get here? I thought you were visiting Ralph?"

Roxy asked, "She probably finished, she left two hours ago," Mal said hitting Roxy's head.

"Ah ow, alright," Roxy rubbed her head, "Be quiet and get the blankets."

Elle ordered, "Yes, head maid," Roxy and Mal said leaving the room.

The room was lit by two lanterns on the tables.

"You two girls really get along well," Elle said smiling, "I'm glad," she said looking at Irene's peaceful sleeping face.

Roxy and Mal came back with blankets, two blankets.

Then put over the shoulders of the two girls.

The three maids smiled and said their goodnight as they left one by one.

Irene and Alice spent their night sleeping in the library.

Irene's face scrunched as she left sunlight on her face, and her eyes opened slowly.

"Mmm."

Irene mumbled and looked around, "Why...am I in the library?"

Alice also woke up, "Mmm."

Irene looked at the clock, "We got some time before exams."

"What?"

Alice said half asleep.

"Let us get ready!"

Before you knew it, those two girls ran to their rooms and now they are both in a carriage going to the exam entrance.

"Let us do our very best," Alice said smiling towards Irene, who is sitting across and in front of Alice.

"Same goes for you."

~Author's Note~

HAHAHA I FINALLY WROTE THE CHAPTER! Even though I didn't reply to anyone, I hope you guys knew, I read every single message with tears. You guys are serisouly the best thing that ever happened to me.

- ANMU