3

I woke up at 6am in the morning, just like every other day

I woke up at 6am in the morning, just like every other day. I had a meeting at 9.

I told Nick that when I come back, I would spend some time with him. Because lately, I noticed that I don't spend much time with him. And he deserves more attention. I would never want him to feel lonely.

I just finished with the meeting and I'm now going home. Wait, maybe I should get something for Nick. Maybe some candies or a toy or something.

So that's what I did. I went to the store to get him some of his favorite candies.

I get home and just when I enter, my son comes running towards me and hugs me.

"Dada! You're back!"

"Yes, Nick. Here." I give him the plastic bag and he looks inside.

"Oh my! You got me my candies, yay! Thank you dada. Love you." He says and hugs me.

"Love you too, Nick. Now, what do you want to do today?"

"Emm, I want to go to a library!"

"Library?"

"Yes, please. I want some big boys books."

"Okay, let's go. But let's get ready first, yeah?"

"Yes! Can I pick what to wear?"

"Of course."

We go to his room, that's just beside mine, and he goes to his walk-in closet.

"Can I wear this?" He shows me a black shirt with a yellow thing on it.

"Sure"

I help him get dressed and we get out of the house to go to the library.

I found the nearest library and drove there.

We entered the library and passed the front desk.

"Excuse me, do you need help? I could help you." The woman at the front desk says, with a lustful look.

"No." I say, and her look changes into a disappointed one.

"Oh come on, I could show you where the best books are." She says with a smirk.

I ignore her and take Nicks hand in mine and go towards some books.

While we are looking for some books, my phone rings. I see who it is and it's one of my men. I have to answer it.

"What."

When I finish the phone call, I put it back in my pocket and when I turn to see Nick but he isn't there. What the fuck.

He better be here. Nobody took him, again. Right?

No, nobody did, it's impossible because if they did, I would've heard something or he would've screamed or made a sound.

I then go look around the library to find him. I know he's here, I'm just being paranoid.

"Nick, where are you?"

I'm about to call my men when I hear my son's voice.

"Dada, I'm here!" I hear and I immediately go to where his sound came from.

I find him and scold him for running away like that. He scared me.

I also noticed a woman with him.

Then he says that she, the 'pretty lady,' helped him.

I look at her and, wow, she's gorgeous.

"Pretty lady, indeed." I mutter.

Nick said that she called him cute. He really likes her, normally he doesn't like or talk to people.

I talked to her for a little while. We give each other our names.

Her name's Dahlia.

But then, she told us that she has to go finish her remaining work.

Nick got a little sad. A little frown forming on his face.

I thanked her. And she turned around and left.

"Dada, can I come here tomorrow too, please?"

Well, I guess we will be coming to this library more often.

"Of course. But now, get the books you need, we have to go home."

"Okay, dada, can I get this book? It has a minion in it, just like on my shirt." He points it to his shirt. Oh, so that yellow thing is a minionion.

"Yes, is that all?"

"Yes, I can get more tomorrow, right?"

"Of course. Let's go."

We go to the front desk, and I give the book to the annoying lady that was at the desk earlier.

"Oh, is that all? I told you I could show you the best books. Way better than this one."

"Excuse me, but that is one of the best books." My son says. 

"Right." She says that to Nick and turns to me.

"Scan." I say.

"What?" She says.

"He told you to scan the book, desk lady."

"I know."

"Then, why did you ask?" He asks her with a confused face.

"Ugh, stop, kid." She says and looks at my sun with a disgusted look.

"I said, scan." I say slowly and look at her with a glare. I take Nick's hand in mine.

A frightening look covers her face and she scans the damn book. 

I take the book in my other hand and leave the library with my son.

"Dada, why was she so mean to me?"

"Don't listen to her, Nick."

"Okay." He says and smiles up at me. "Pretty lady was nice so I won't listen to the desk lady."