Prologue

A/N: Feel free to check out my other books! My English is still not good tho, sorry.

Warning, there will be lots of disturbing content but there will be no smut. I wouldn't label this book as "dead dove: do not eat" as it does not contain cursed ships and kinds of stuff.

Enjoy reading! You have been warned.

--------------------

Billos Flynn. Nobody suspected him to be one of the hunters that are after the redhead hero's life. They trusted him, and so did Cale.

Cale was tired. Tired of all the bullshits that the world had given him since the start of his life. But living is best, and so he tried to appreciate his life more as he went on and meet new people. 

Father, mother, Basen, Lily, Ron, Beacrox, Choi Han, Alberu, Raon. There are so many people, all of them are his families. The cats, wolfs, whales, tigers... and suddenly a zoo but that's not the point.

Cale would be lying if he denied missing them.

What Cale expected was the afterlife, or probably meeting that God of Death bastard but not this. He was ready to give that piece of shit a good smacking but he was met with nothing.

There was no darkness, there was no light either. It was hard to breathe but the air was everywhere. There was no sound, yet it was noisy.

After what seemed like an eternity, he was engulfed by a bright light and his senses were given back to him.

"God of Death?"

There was no response.

Gravity was not applied to him as he could feel himself floating, and he was met with stone walls surrounding him, which were of poor construction. When he turned around, he found himself trapped in that small greyish circular wall.

He looked up, the sky was painted blue with a small amount of sunlight seeping in through the gaps. Below him, the ground was a little dirty and muddy perhaps however it was rather dry for a well. And there was a rotting body at the bottom of the dried-up well.

"Ha... What is it this time, just what am I supposed to do here?"

Cale very much missed his non-existent slacker life.

Whatever the hell this is, the current situation he is in is certainly not favourable towards him. Alright let's be honest, who would want to die and wake up seeing a dead body right next to him the first thing he opened his eyes?

The most eye-catching thing was the red hair which appeared to be darker than normal, owing to the fact that it had been dyed with blood for who knows how long. On first inspection, the body was beyond recognition and there was dried blood everywhere on the body, even the face was not spared the ruthlessness.

'I absolutely do not want to go anywhere near whatever that thing is, thank you.'

However, Cale knew this body, how could he not? How could he not when he had taken over the body for the past two, almost three years? Especially his ability, Record, was hinting at the obvious.

The clothes on the dead body were barely covering him as it was torn into pieces. Thinking that he should understand the situation to gather more information, Cale squatted down and inspected the body. 

The shoulder blades had stab wounds, burn marks covered the entire face, and the arms looked as if they had been bitten by ants, but they were most likely pricked by needles endlessly. His back was decorated with different thicknesses of whip marks, and his neck was covered in blisters with a few claw scars surrounding it. Maybe he attempted to flee and was punished for it.

There's also the fact that his already thin lips were sewn together.

Cale's breath hitched at the sight, he had no desire to know what had happened to this pitiful corpse. It was unpleasant, still, he felt compelled to know since he would be stuck in the well for a long time. Hence, he continued to strip the body bare.

That made him lose his composure. 

"This, ha! What the hell?"

Cale deeply regretted his decision. He may be a ghost with no sense of smell, but he swears that if anyone had been nearby, they would have complained about the rotten and musky stench.

Several grip bruises from the waist down, bite marks that were accompanied by dried blood on the thighs, judging by the abused and sticky hole, this body was definitely being used like a rag doll by many men. His body, is skinny and ugly.

The worst part was that his manhood was missing. They cut it off, someone did.

Cale had never felt so disgusted in his entire life both as Kim Rok Soo and Cale Henituse. Cale Henituse, even though he was trash in this dimension, was still a noble. Seeing him meet such a cruel fate, he could only clench his fist tighter but he could not feel the pain. There was also a terrible ache in his heart.

Sadly, there was nothing that a ghost can do.

Last but not least, the body's ankles were chained together, preventing him from walking or running, or so it seems, though those ankles were already twisted beyond help.

"He wasn't even given any shoes. Tsk, how petty."

From what Cale had observed from this body, it appears that this Cale Henituse did not die of torture. Instead, this young boy was thrown into this deep well while still alive. Skin infection, painfulness, blood loss, dehydration and doubtlessly, starvation might have played the most part in killing him.

"Unlucky bastard. Who did this to you..."

Cale remembered how the gold dragon used to refer to him as an unlucky bastard. Apparently, he really is one. 

He missed his family more than ever now.

Thankfully it was a dried-up and old well, otherwise, the villagers' drinking water would have been contaminated. Whoever threw the body must have known that nobody would come to this well as there is no water here.

Cale decided that he should start haunting the locals just because he was angry that nobody found him, the original's body he meant.

... is what he thought of doing but he was unable to fly out of this damn well.

"Urg...", he groaned.

An invisible barrier was preventing him from going up further. Due to how unnoticeable it was, Cale accidentally knocked his head on it, hard. Feeling a little gloomy, he found himself sitting next to the dead again.

"That bastard of a God, why is he so quiet? It must have been his fault this time too."

He'd rather someone take him back and tell him this was only an unfunny joke. If it were a nightmare, he would beg for someone to wake him up. 

Even while cursing all divine beings in his head, it all felt too real to be a lie.

"Ah, son of a..."

Cale overlooked one thing, there was a knife in the corpse's pocket. But the knife was clean, there were no bloodstains on it. Cale could not help but frown.

This young boy was given the choice to end his own life yet he did not do it. Rather, he simply waited and hoped for salvation.

A/N: There will be slow updates as school is starting and I just started writing this, I regret nothing and I regret everything.