DN-🌹🥀-Flower field

DreamNap, fluff then angst, not requested, ship, normal world AU.

Dream loved Sapnap. That's it, that's the story.

Characters: Dream (pronouns not mentioned), Sapnap (he/they), Karl (pronouns not mentioned)

TW/CW: kissing, one time cursing

A/N: So yeah, I actually wrote another one shot :). Requests are still open (please request something, I like making requests!)

1140 words, excluding intro and A/N

Dream POV

Soft air was circulating around me, making me feel at ease. I felt the wind blowing some of my hair out of my face while I let my body finally relax. It had been a very stressful week for me, so I was happy to finally have some time for myself. I closed my eyes and enjoyed this moment. Nobody was here, nobody wanted anything from me. It was just me, my thoughts and the music that was softly playing in the background.

-

After some minutes I heard someone's footsteps coming this way, but I pretended like I didn't hear anything. I already knew it was Sapnap, I could recognize his walking pattern everywhere. I still held my eyes closed until I could feel Sapnaps breath next to me. I slowly opened one of my eyes to look at him and they looked a bit shocked when they realized I had been awake this whole time.

My lips curled up into a smile when I saw his face and his shocked face transformed into a soft happy one. I opened both of my eyes when they started giggling. I could only smile when I heard his laugh, I would literally do anything for their happiness, because seeing him smile also brought me so much joy.

"Hello Sapnap." I said to him while turning off the music that still had been playing.

"Why did you turn it off?", Sapnap said while they pouted. I raised one of my eyebrows at them, but didn't question it further and pressed play again. Sapnap reached out one of his hands to me and without thinking I took it in my own hand. Sapnap gave me a soft, proud smile while helping me stand up. He pulled me with him towards the middle of the flower field, I had no idea what their plan was, but I was happy with whatever, as long as I could spend time with him.

Sapnap placed one of their hands on my waist and looked at me expectantly. I was confused for a moment, before I understood what he meant.

"Are you sure Pandas?", they just nodded at me excitedly and I probably looked like a lovesick fool while looking at him, but I didn't care. He was my whole life, there was no one else I've ever loved more than this man standing in front of me, silently asking me to dance with him.

I moved my feet to start the dance and Sapnap followed happily. I had them close to my chest while we softly swung to the faint music in the background. Sapnap let his head fall onto one of my shoulders and I had to take a deep breath to not freak out.

"Thank you Dream." Sapnap muttered to me.

"For what?"

"For always being there for me, for helping me though things. I don't really say this much, but I do want you to know that I'm thankful, for everything." I had to seriously try my hardest not to cry. I loved them so much, so, so much. I don't know what I would do without him.

Sapnap brought one of his hands towards my face and looked at me with a concerned, yet soft look. I tilted my head a bit, confused as to why he was doing this. Only when they started wiping my cheeks, I realized that I had actually started crying.

Now it was just us two in the middle of a flower field, softly moving on the music, while Sapnap was holding my face, trying to wipe away my tears while they were whispering sweet nothings in my ear. This only made me cry harder.

"It's alright Dream, you can cry, it's alright, I'm here." They smiled at me and gave me a short kiss on the nose. I stopped dancing to wrap my arms around him. Now I was the one who's face was in the others neck. Sapnaps arms also wrapped his arms around me and he buried his head in my hair.

"I just love you so much Pandas."

"I love you too Dream. I love you too." I sighed at those words.

"Not the way I want you to." I whispered in his shoulder. Sapnap brought one of his hands towards my face again to lift it up and only then I realized what I'd said. I started freaking out, and my breathing pattern started going faster and faster.

"Breath in, breath out, focus on my breathing, you're okay, don't worry." Sapnap had realized to fast that I started freaking out. They had always known how to help me, we had known each other for so long already, there was nothing they didn't know of me. Well, there was one thing they hadn't known, until now. I shook my head a bit and started focusing on Sapnaps breath like he'd said, luckily it helped me. When Sapnap saw I was doing fine again, they started talking.

"Dream, I love you, I really do," I squeezed my eyes shut, getting ready for the rejection, "romantically." I opened my eyes again at the last word they said, I stared at them with wide, open eyes, was this real, was this actually happening?

Sapnap chuckled a bit at my reaction to his words and he placed a soft kiss on my lips. Even though it was very short, it made my heart almost spring out of my chest. I started shaking my hands and head in excitement, I shut my eyes closed again while I was trying to release all the emotions I felt. Sapnap did a step back to give me space to stim, and I now also started to stamp on the ground a bit.

After some minutes I looked up at Sapnap again, and he was looking at me with the most adorable look ever. They looked in love.

"So Dream, do you want to be my boyfriend?", they asked sweetly. I threw myself in his arms and hugged him tight.

"Of course you idiot!"

-

"Hey Dream!", I shot up when I heard Sapnaps voice above me. He stood over me and grinned when he saw my face.

"I'm going out with Karl now, I thought I should tell you." They had the widest smile spread across their face. Of course. How could I be so stupid. This happened every time, every fucking time.

"Of course, thank you for telling me. Have fun with Karl!" I faked a smile which he seemed to believe, or they just didn't care enough to say something about it, and they walked off.

With Karl.

Sapnap didn't love me. He loved Karl, and Karl loved him. I was just a lovesick fool, who seemed to not be able to stop dreaming about my best friend loving me.