" I promise to -"

He couldn't complete as next he knows. She pushes him back to slap him. His back hits a table behind. Bringing down a glass to have it shatter into pieces.

Making a deadly silence to follow.

Her anger rising . Tears pricking her eyes at her helplessness. As she stared at the man in front of her.

" How dare you offer me money you Asshole! Do you consider me to be a prostitute? Do you rich fuc*ers think you can buy everything with money? "

" There may be girls kissing your feet and treating you like a King. But remember dammit! It doesn't gives you the right to treat them the way you do-"

Stepping closer. His emotionless eyes stay fixed on me. And I fail to understand what he is feeling right now. His words making my heart to thud.

" How do I treat women Miss Rose? If you will please enlighten me?"

" Did I took advantage of you when you were throwing yourself at me at that bar all drunk? Did I left you there alone to be harrassed by a stranger? Did I touch you inappropriate in any way ? Tell me miss Rose?"

She feels weird. She feels wrong. Frustrated and tired. She doesn't understand why she took out her anger at him.

He was not wrong. But when he asked her about money? It hurt her self respect. It lighted old wounds. It hit. Hard.

" All men are the sam-"

" They are not. Just like all women are not same. If they were. You Miss Rose. Would have been laying under me, moaning my name for the entire office to hear right now."

She couldn't meet his eyes. His words lighting that fading fire in her again.

" But you offered money-"

" In return for service. In return for this Job. Not for your body."

She blinks. Looking up at him. To see him going back to his seat and sighing. His eyes refusing to meet hers as he starts typing something.

Ignoring her presence completely.

Was he really offering her the job?

Was he genuine?

Did she just commit a blunder? She just slapped him !

No way will he hire her now. What has she done? Regret hits her and she just stands there. Looking down at her shoes.

Cursing herself.

" Umm I just assumed Mr Richardson. I am sorr-"

" You know where the door is Miss Rose. Please leave."

His jaw was clenched. Eyes narrowed at the computer screen. Not looking back at her.

And she feels dread settle in her.

What has she done! She was going to get the job! She could pay the next month's rent and she didn't had to become homeless.

Biting her lip. She stood there debating. Playing with her hands.

" You can't blame me! You were intruding into my personal space! You made me assume it! "

He stops typing to look up at her. And she shuts her mouth immediately. Feeling scared under his cold gaze.

" You were asking for it very much the night you asked me to kiss you. Yet I never assumed your character. Did I?"

She bites her lip. To only sigh. Running her hand through her hair.

" Fine. I want this job desperately. I am out of cash and the deadline for the months rent is approaching. "

" Please reconsider my application. Keeping aside our personal matters."

Leaning back on his seat. He folds his hands. Placing one leg over the other to sit in a domineering pose.

" There is nothing to consider Miss Rose. This?"

Lifting up her CV. He throws it at the table. Looking at her coldly.

" Is Rubbish. Your application is rejected."

Her heart stops. And tears sting her eyes. But she refuses to let them go. Gulping to pick up the CV from the table.

With slow dreaded steps. She turns around to leave.

When his voice makes her stop. Hope rising in her chest.

" However. There is another person job I can forward your name for. If you situation is that bad."

Turning around. She looks at him with shining eyes to see him typing again. Ignoring her once again.

" What Job Sir?"

Pushing back his seat. He gets up to stand.  His thousand dollar shoes approaching the broken pieces of glass to only have him look down at them. And then back at her.

Folding his arms. To speak up.

" A cleaning lady for my estate."

She stares at the glass. Her mind lost. He was asking her to be a servant at his castle?

" No"

She speaks without thinking. Standing to her full height with head held high. And he just smirks.

Turning around she looked at him one last time over her shoulder. To find him staring at his back. His last words making her fists to clench.

" The offer stands till 12 pm tonight."

" You already have my number."

Turning her head in front. She bangs the door shut after her. To only lean her head on the wall. Breathing heavily.

Not having enough money to even feed and making enemies with one of the richest men in the country. Great Rose! Just awesome!

Staring at her trembling fingers with which she slapped him. She curses. Rubbing her hair.

" Fuc*! What am I going to do now?"