Chapter 5

Authors Note: I JUST WORKED MY ASS OFF FOR A CHECK
— — —
East Blue City - 1999 - Summer
Reader Pov

I sat down on the grass, as I watered the flowers I placed in Robin's grave. I gave her grave a small wipe, smiling.

"Hey my Robin. These past few months have been so rough. You have been telling me off in my dreams." I say laughing.

The wind slightly picks up, blowing in my hair and face.

"I promise you it won't be like this forever, okay?" I say.

I get up and walk away, thinking about my next plans
— — —
I sit down in the makeup room, as Ivankou does my makeup.

"Do you like working here?" I ask.

"Damn straight. Luffy-boy pays us accordingly and I get free drinks." He says.

"After getting drugged, it just seems so unworth it." I say.

"(Y/n)-girl, to tell you the truth, every single one of us had something happen, we signed up for it when we started working, but we are family." He chants out as he finished up.

I bat my eyelashes, and give him a smile.

"Besides you have so much appeal, be a shame to quit now." He adds on.

I laugh, and he shoos me to go with the other girls. I stand next to Nami, who was complaining about her boyfriend.

"I swear to god, Usopp is gonna fucking make me lose it." Nami says.

"Hey forget about that for now, right?" I say.

"Yeah, we got to put on a show!" She says.

I laugh at her sudden mood change, and we walk out on the stage. we showcase ourselves, and walk around, trying to catch people's eyes.

"Oi, (Y/n)." I hear someone call out.

I turn and see the green haired man sitting, sipping a drink.

"Would you like a dance?" I ask.

"Nah, just a chat. I'll pay for your time." He says.

I sit down with him, as he smirks at me.

"So I take it you aren't quitting." He says.

"I have no choice, I'm so close to paying off some debts." I say rolling my eyes.

"How do you rack up so much debt at 22. you aren't done with college right?" He asks.

"Not in it. Dropped out when these debts were placed on it by my shit parents." I say shrugging.

"Ouch, all by yourself?" He says.

"Yup, my parents left me that in their will when they decided to kick the bucket." I say.

"I'm sorry to hear about that." He says.

"Don't be, they kicked me out when I was in high school and we haven't talk much since." I say.

"And you managed?" He asked.

"Yeah, I had my Robin." I say smiling at the floor.

"Robin? you're boyfriend I assume." He asks.

"No a good friend of mine, she was the best person I could've ever met at this time." I say.

"How is she?" He asks.

"Dead. she passed away almost a year ago." I say.

"Wow, you've been through a lot." He says.

"Well to tell you the truth, I just live very typically. Work, sleep, and eat." I say.

He sits back and smirks again, making me crease my eyebrows.

"Why are you asking me all this?" I ask.

"Cause you are very interesting." He says.

"I don't even know you at all. Why am I opening up so much." I say laughing dryly.

He introduces himself as Roronoa Zoro, a subordinate of the boss Monkey D. Luffy, the owner of the club. He has been under Luffy for 3 years, he used to work under Portgas D. Ace.

"I honestly don't care, I hate all this stuff. I'm sorry." I say.

"Haha, no hard feelings. Honestly I hate it all too, lot of bloodshed and tears." He says closing his eyes.

I look at him, and he opens his eyes, and we just stare at each other for a while.

"You know I think you are gonna be much more than typical you know." He says.

"Haha my Robin wanted that. A not typical life for me." I say.

He stands up and holds out a hand, I take it sheepishly as he helps me up.

"I think I should go, duty calls." Zoro says.

"Here, I came to give you this." He adds.

He pulls out a thick envelope and hands it to me, I look at him confused. He shakes it off and walks out the club, but stopping and turning to me with a smile.

"Take care." Zoro says.

I sit there dumbfounded, but quickly go back to work.
— — —
I get home and set my house keys down, laying on the bed. I sigh into my hands, feeling exhausted from the hours of labor I put on myself.

I focus my eyes again, and they land on the envelope. It's a yellow thick one, with duck tape wrapped around it. I get up with curiosity, and open it up. What fell out almost made my eyes fall out my head.

"A gun!" I say.

I pick it up and inspect it. I have never touched one nor used one obviously, so I was skeptical. I look back down and see a note.

Take Care - Boss

I snort and place the gun on the table, and close my eyes.

"Nice management." I say laughing.
— — —
Authors Note: Slow burn okay. There will be more interaction with you a Luffy in the future, also slight love triangle?