Chapter Nineteen

Cambry's POV:

Last night was fantastic. Peyton set up a beautiful picnic then we ended the night watching the sunset, when he took me home, my parents were luckily not awake. When he walked me to the front door, we said our goodbyes with a kiss.

And now here I am, I haven't gotten any sleep, I've just been thinking about him and us. It's morning and I never want to get out of bed.

"Cambry," My mom calls me.

"I'm coming," I call to her as I groan.

When I made it downstairs, I noticed both of my parents sitting side by side on the couch, my mom looking down and my dad reading a newspaper.

"Why was I summoned?" I ask, trying to stop myself from glaring at my dad.

"We have something very important to talk about," My mom says as my father sets down the newspaper.

"We have decided something that you might not agree to, but you don't have a say in it." My father begins. "We're sending you back to the all-girls school-" My dad says, and my mom quickly interjects.

"We didn't agree to this," She says, looking at my dad with surprise.

"Well we're sending her back no matter what, she has been nothing but a nuisance this entire time," He says and I swear my heart shattered.

"What about my mate, my boyfriend? I can't believe you're doing this," I scream while standing up. "I thought I got through to you, but apparently you're too self-centered to understand what's going on with everyone else," I scream to him.

"Cambry, don't-" My mom tries saying something.

"No mom, He's a self-centered asshole, and I hope I never see him again," I say, hoping he hears me.

I ran out of the house while calling Peyton.

"Hey babe, what's-" He starts.

"Can you please come to get me?" I cry out.

"Where are you?" He asks, worried.

"My house," I tell him, letting the tears fall.

"I'm coming," He says before hanging up.

The main thing that I fear is losing the one person who makes me feel okay. Peyton. He helps me feel sane and like I'm not alone.

I know Peyton will always be there for me because he's my mate, the goddesses have destined us to be together. But if I'm away, how are we supposed to be together, I'll be a bazillion miles away with no way to contact him.

"Hey," Peyton's voice cuts me out of my thoughts. I get into his vehicle before letting more tears fall. "It's okay, baby," He says, pulling me into his lap.

"It's not okay," I tell him. "None of it is okay," I say.

"What happened?" He asks as I get back into the passenger seat.

"I'll tell you a little later, can we just get away from this house?" I ask, staring at the house that was never truly my home.

"Of course," He says, putting his car in drive before taking my hand and kissing it and resting it on the console.

When we finally arrived at his house, he helped me out and we walked in to find his mother, his brother, and his brother's mate.

"Hey, darling, we weren't expecting you," Mara says with a smile before noticing the tear streaks down my cheeks. "What happened," She asks, trying to shoo Peyton away.

"I want to know what happened also," Peyton says to her.

"She'll tell you later, just let us have some time," Mara says to him before shooing everyone out of the kitchen and closing the kitchen door. "What happened?" She asks, patting the seat on the island and walking to the other side of the island, and leaning forward against it.