Eight

✮ ✮ ✮

✮ ✮ ✮

By the next morning, your fever had somewhat dissipated and you felt a bit better. You left your room to go to the bathroom and wash your face, and Tsukishima was leaving his room as well.

"Oh shit. You scared me. You look even worse first thing in the morning."

Having to talk to people the first five minutes of being awake was irritating, even more so when that person was Tsukishima Kei, the most insufferable bastard you knew even though you only met him for the first time last month. You rub some of the tiredness from your eyes.

"What do you get from bugging me at ten in the morning? Are you some kind of sick sadist? Because I'm starting to believe that's the case with you."

"Maybe. Or maybe I'm just upset that there's a literal stranger living in my home", he says.

"I wasn't aware your name was the one on the house deed. My apologies, princess", you bow feigning remorse.

He rolls his eyes.

"Seriously though, how long are you gonna keep this up?", you start again. "I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable while I'm staying here, but it is what it is and it won't change. Can you at least try to get along with me?"

"Nah. Where's the fun in that?"

"Such a sassy boy, aren't you."

"And what about you? You think you're classy?"

"I'm a lady. Of course I have some class, unlike you."

"You're far from a lady. Are you sure you can even call yourself a girl?"

"If that was meant to insult me, you're gonna have to try harder than that. You don't look like someone who gets girls, so surely you wouldn't know what one looks like."