Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"You look excited," I said, copying her stupid smile.

She grabbed Flynn's stroller and let out an exasperated sigh. As we started walking down the sidewalk, she started ranting about how excited she really was.

"I've only been to a few restaurants and cafes here, but I haven't been to one in four years! I'm ecstatic, and I get to bring my nephew along with me? And my boyfriend?" She chuckled, but it wasn't like her usual chuckles. It was the type of laugh you would hear when someone was practically jumping up and down with excitement. God, she was so fucking cute.

"What about you, Enzo?"

I wrapped my arm around her waist and kissed her on the temple once more. It was one of my signature movements since it caused her to become agitated and pink. Actually, everytime we touched up against each other, she would get all red and pink. I thought it was wonderful, so I try to touch her whenever I can just to see how she reacts.

"If you're excited then I am too, Rory."

We walked silently together for a few more minutes. I looked around and took in my surroundings. Paris was magnificent. The people, the layout, everything about it was beautiful.

But my mind always travelled back to Aurora.

I imagined Aurora and I going around the streets like this again, but this time with our own child instead of her nephew. We would stop at a café and kiss all the time. We'd marvel at our lovely kid, Aurora would speak to our child in a babyish tone, and I'd sit back and observe her, falling in love with her all over again.

My cheeks started to hurt from how hard I was smiling.

I was in love with her. And I couldn't wait to tell her. Everything was planned out, but I needed one more thing to make the moment even more special. I have already ordered it, but I'll have to pick it up in a few weeks. I'm praying everything will go right.

I was fucking in love with Aurora Rae, and I wanted her to be mine as soon as possible. But I needed to wait. I wanted her to be stress free, in my arms, and smiling.

"Enzo? You there, sweetheart?" Aurora waved a hand in front of my face.

"Shit, sorry. I zoned out again, is everything okay?"

She nodded. "Mhm, I was just saying that we're here." She gave me a puzzled look, then raised an eyebrow.

"Everything okay? Do you want to talk about something?"

Yeah. I'm fucking in love with you. And every second you aren't mine, is a waste of time to me.

I adored the fact that she cared about me and everything that was going on.

"I'm okay, Rory. Come on, let's go find a seat before Flynn becomes restless."

We walked inside together and sat at a table in the back corner. Aurora and I were seated across from one other, with Flynn's pram in the centre. When I looked down at Flynn, I noticed that he was gazing at everything.

"Even Flynn's excited."

Aurora laughed as she snapped a photo of him. "I'm sending this to Flora. He looks so fucking cute!"

She tapped away at her phone while I picked up a menu and started reading. There was so much to choose from, everything sounded delicious.

"Find anything?"

I shook my head. "There's way to much to choose from. It's insane." I flipped the menu around to show Aurora. Her eyes widened.

"Holy shit, that is a lot." She snatched the menu out of my hands and took a closer look at it. I huffed and sat back in my chair.