his birthday pt 1.

today is Saturday, and it is a special Saturday. that's why Dongkyung arrived at Saram's doorstep early at 9 am. she swings open his bedroom door and sees him still sleeping peacefully on his bed. she smiles looking at the sight.

she approaches his bed and sits on the edge. she slowly shakes his shoulder to wake him up. "kim saram, wake up. it's a special day today" she whispers into his ears.

it only takes a few shakes for him to finally open his eyes. he looks at Dongkyung and a soft smile curves across his face, making her to widen her smile. "happy birthday Kim Saram" she whispers into his ears then proceeds to giggle cutely.

Saram doesn't say anything, instead he pulls Dongkyung closer to him and wraps his arms around her neck. "thank you, my love" he says with his deep morning voice and pecks her on the cheek.

she chuckles and straighten up. "now wake up and wash up. i prepared some of your favourite meals" she brush her fingers on his hair, swiping away some strands of hair that covered his forehead. and he sits up needless to say twice.

Dongkyung leaves the room and heads to the kitchen while Saram is washing up. she prepares the meals that she made at 6 am in the morning on the table. she made a lot of dishes including seaweed soup, the dish that is always served on one's birthday. and of course, she couldn't forget his most favourite, dumplings.

ever since she first gave Saram the dumplings that she made, he seems to grow fond of that dish. he admitted it too that his favourite food is the dumplings, but the ones that Dongkyung made herself only. she grins when she suddenly remembers how he said that her dumplings are the best in the world and no other dumplings could beat hers.

soon after, he appears in the kitchen, looking more fresh. he beams when he sees the meals on the table, and it grows wider when his eyes caught the dumplings. Dongkyung just knows what he loves.

Dongkyung also smiles seeing how wide his smile is. "let's eat" she says and sits on the chair, followed by him sitting in front of her. he grabs the chopsticks, not knowing which one should he try first. "i don't even know what i should eat first" he chuckles, making the other to chuckle as well.

"of course the seaweed soup first, you silly" she teases him and hands him a bowl of the seaweed soup. he just obeys her and tastes a spoonful of the soup.

"is it good?" she asks and he simply nods his head with a smile. he quickly finishes the soup, can't wait to taste the dumplings. he eats the dumplings as if it is his first time.

"gosh, slow down. you're going to choke yourself" she reminds him. but even before her words could fully interpreted by him, he is already coughing for eating too fast. Dongkyung grabs the glass of water and helps him to drink.

"see? i told you!" she slaps him gently on the shoulder once he has calmed down. he just snickers and continue eating as if nothing happens. she could only shakes her head.

the dumplings finished within a second. she barely could eat them. but she's not complaining. as long as the birthday boy enjoys them, then that's fine with her. she just wanted to see him genuinely happy today.

"you're done, right? then let's go to the mall!" she exclaims excitedly. he frowns. "mall? for what?" "i want to buy you many good things! clothes, jeans, jackets, everything you want!" she smiles widely.

he chuckles. "there's no need for that" she rolls her eyes. "shut up and get ready already!" she squints her eyes at him and he finally stands up, heading to the bedroom to get ready as she wishes.

"ah! also please wear something white! i want to match with you today!" she half yelling and he responds with a "alright ma'am"

----------

they arrived at the mall just 15 minutes after it has opened. not many people have come yet, they're probably the 13th and 14th person that entered the big mall.

"what are we going to do here?" he asks as Dongkyung wraps her arms around his and she beams. "i told you, we're going to buy you lots of stuffs. they'll be on me!" she tells him again and he just giggles.

they enter almost all of the clothing stores there. Saram nearly pass out for walking too much while she seems still energetic. now he understands why women love to go for a shopping.

at the end, after 3 hours of wandering around, they finally exit the mall. she bought him 3 shirts, a tuxedo, a pair of sneakers, a sunglasses and a watch. and also a pair of cute matching pajamas for both of them. he glances at her and smiles as she looks way more happier than him.

"where are we going next?" she doesn't answer right away and just smiles sheepishly. "it's a secret" she replies as they approach his car, and he finds it funny because for surely she needs to tell him where to go since he's the one who's driving.

she tells him to go to the Poolside Restaurant, a famous restaurant in Incheon. he just obeys her and drives to the restaurant. when they arrived there, Dongkyung quickly takes out a white cloth.

"ya, close your eyes with this" she says. he coughs. "what for?" "aish, just do it!" and of course, as a dutiful boyfriend he is, he just listens to her. his sight is completely blocked, and he only depends on her to guide his way.

"okay, i'm going to open your eyes" he heard what she said and just nods. he could feel her tiny hands struggling to untie the cloth.

"1...2...3..."

he opens his eyes.

"SURPRISE!"