jealousy pt 3.

today Dongkyung is going to stay at Saram's house, after they both agreed yesterday to meet at the hospital after his shift ended at 5 o'clock. she has been missing him so much, as they haven't met each other since two days ago, after Dr. Cha's wedding.

she arrives at the hospital around 15 minutes before 5, waiting for him at the cafeteria. while waiting, she takes out her phone and scrolls through her social media, which will only be opened when she really has nothing to do, like right now. and because it has been a while since she last opened it, she is very immersed with the gadget in her hand.

a faint voice calling for her name from her behind succeed in distracting her. it's not Saram who calls her, that's for sure. she knows his voice very well and that voice just now is a bit softer that Saram's. she turns her head and smiles when she sees who is it. it's Dr. Park, smiling widely while waving at her.

"waiting for Saram, i suppose?" is the first thing he asks when he's in front of her. he takes a seat on the empty seat. Dongkyung chuckles and nods. "yes, we promised to spend time together today."

she then adds. "ah, by the way, anything interesting happen on Dr. Cha's wedding? did you guys have fun?" she asked just to make a conversation. but she's also curious if there's anything she needs to know.

"oh, about that," Dr. Park bites his lips. "we all did enjoy the wedding. and uh..." he pauses, thinking if he should tell her about Saram and Irene.

Dongkyung just waits patiently for him to finish his sentence. why does he look like he's contemplating?

he decided then that maybe he should just tell her. "well, Dr. Cha has a cousin from Los Angeles. her name is Irene Cha and of course, she came to his wedding. me and Yuna already know her as we have met her before. so i introduced her and Saram to each other. but then, uh..." there's another pause. "uh she looks like she's interested in him. they both kept talking to each other throughout the event. and she even asked for his number." his voice lowers a bit.

what Dr. Park just said makes Dongkyung feels like there's a lump in her throat. she clenches her fists that are under the table but she still manages to keep a calm face in front of him. "ah, really? so did Saram give her his number?" she asks calmly.

Dr. Park hesitates but he nods anyway. "well, you know how clueless he could be, right? it looks like he doesn't have any idea that Irene is interested in him. he just talked to her casually and comfortably. like a close friend." he explains further.

casually? comfortably? close friend? those questions are enough to make Dongkyung's heart feels like burning. yes, she knows how clueless Saram could be sometimes. probably because he's still new in this human world. but she didn't expect him to treat other women except her so comfortably. even with Na Jina he's still awkward.

"does that Irene girl know that he has a girlfriend? did he tell her?" she asks once again. this time, Dr. Park is at loss of words. now he wonders what possessed him to tell her about this. so he just slowly shakes his head.

Dongkyung inhales deeply. what a slow boyfriend i have. she thought. she then just keeps on smiling, making it's scarier for Dr. Park. he has a girlfriend, so he knows too well that if a woman is smiling even when you told them something like this about her boyfriend, then the boyfriend is in danger. totally. he experienced that once with Yuna.

good luck, Kim Saram. i hope you'll stay alive.

"thank you for telling me about this, Eunho. i appreciate it a lot." she bows a bit at him. Dr. Park just smiles awkwardly. "of course. no problem. uh...i guess I'll get going then. see you later, Dongkyung." he excuses himself. to be honest, he just wanted to go away as soon as possible.