jealousy pt 2.

Dongkyung was getting ready to pick her aunt at her house when her phone dings, signalling her that she received a text from someone. she grabs her phone which is on the bed and opens the text. it's from Saram. he had sent her the picture of his mirror selfie. he looks so smart in the black tuxedo. she remembers buying one with him around three months ago.

she smiles very widely, admiring his handsome look. "you look so handsome, just like always." she mumbles to herself. she then replies to him.

Dongkyung:
uwaaa i never knew you could look this handsome.
you're going there with Eunho, right?

Saram:
of course i am. i'm your boyfriend, remember?
and yes, my love. I'll go there with him and Yuna.

Dongkyung:
you're right. my boyfriend is always good-looking.
okay then, take care. i have to pick my aunt now.

Saram:
sure, you take care too. love you <3

after replying with a 'i love you too' with a red heart emoji at the end, Dongkyung grabs her stuffs and leaves the house to get her aunt who is waiting at her house.

——————————

Saram looks around the wedding hall that is beautifully decorated with a lot of white decorations, especially flowers. the wedding is held in a hotel which is large enough for more than 200 people at the same time. this makes Saram imagines his wedding with Dongkyung. where would it be, what is their theme color, what would they wear and most importantly, when.

honestly, he couldn't wait to make her his wife. he wanted to wake up to her beautiful face every morning, have a dinner with her every evening and cuddle with her every night. he wanted it so bad but he knows their relationship is still new. they haven't even dated for a year yet. and they still have a lot of time. let both of them enjoy their unmarried lives first.

and right now, he is sitting at a round table with Dr. Park and Yuna and also with their other two acquaintances. the groom and the bride just said their vow, and now the guests are invited to enjoy their meals. but Saram just keeps staring at the sikhye in front of him. looking at the groom and the bride, Dr. Park and Yuna and technically everyone around him who is with their partners makes Saram wishes that Dongkyung is here with him too. he feels a bit lonely as everyone seems to be enjoying the event with their loved ones.

"Ya Saram-ah, aren't you going to drink that?" Dr. Park who notices him staring at the beverage finally asks, snapping Saram back to reality. "oh yeah. you're right." he gives a small smile and sips the sikhye.

Dr. Park chuckles. he can guess what's inside his mind right now. "do you miss Dongkyung that bad?" he teased, making Yuna besides her to giggle.

Saram widens his smile, a bit embarrassed as Dr. Park got it right. "well, i guess. everyone is here with their partners and i'm here all alone." he let out a sigh and they all just laugh.

suddenly, they hear a soft voice from behind, making them to turn their heads to see who is it. and it turns out to be a pretty young lady that Dr. Park and Yuna know. Saram completely has no idea who is it.

"gosh, look who is it. it's been a long time, isn't it?" Dr. Park is the one who greets the lady first. the lady chuckles and nods. "yes. i think it has been a year." she says softly. Saram just observes the three, as he doesn't know what to say.

the lady then look at him and raises an eyebrow at Dr. Park, signalling him to introduce Saram to her. Dr Park is quick to know what's in her mind. "ah, this is Dr. Kim Saram. he's the new handsome doctor in our hospital." he finally introduces Saram to her. "and Saram, this is Irene Cha, Dr. Cha's cousin. she lives in Los Angeles and it's very hard to see her in Korea. you're lucky to see this beautiful and successful lady yourself today."

both Irene and Yuna just laugh while Saram just smiles. "gosh, Eunho. what's with the flattery?" she rolls her eyes playfully before turning her attention back to Saram. she stretches her arm to shake hands with him. "hi, Dr. Kim. it's very nice to know you. and what a unique name you have." she smiles brightly.

Saram also stretches out his hand. "it's nice to know you too and thank you." he beams at her. he doesn't know what to say, as he's very introvert with people that he just met. usually when he meets someone new, it would be Dongkyung who talks for his half.

Irene then takes a seat on the empty chair besides him and faces him. "so, how long have you been working as a doctor?" she starts the conversation.

"not long. i think around 8 months?"

"ah, i see. but you look professional. like you've been working for years."

"I'll take that as a compliment. thank you."

"it is. anyway, how old are you? i hope that question is not invading your privacy."

"uhm, let's just say that i'm around early 30s."

"you're still young then. i'm 28 by the way. so let's just be informal with each other. we can do that, right?"

"yeah, of course."

"i'm sorry if you find me disturbing. it's just that i feel like i want to know you better."

"ah, i'm sorry if you think that i'm arrogant or something. i'm kinda awkward with people that i just met." Saram bows a bit, apologizing. he doesn't want Irene to think that he's not interested to talk to her.

Irene chuckles. "no, it's okay. i understand. glad to know that i'm not disturbing you." and she curves the biggest smile making Saram to smile as wide too.

and for the rest of the time that they spend there during the event, they both just keep talking to each other. they talk about many things, from their lives to their works. they even exchange their numbers.

Dr. Park, who has been observing the two leans closer to his girlfriend and whispers. "don't you think that Irene is interested in Saram?". Yuna nods, agreeing with him. "and it looks like Saram is very clueless about that. he didn't even tell her that he has a girlfriend." she says, also in a low tone.

both Dr. Park and Yuna then just shakes their heads. they assume that maybe Saram and Irene just wanted to be friends, and hopefully they will stay as friends.

when finally they realize it's getting late, only then Saram, Dr. Park and Yuna excuses themselves. to say that Irene is disappointed because Saram has to go is an understatement. the disappointment is clearly written on her face but they all bid a proper goodbye anyway.

Saram then leaves the wedding venue with Dr. Park and Yuna after saying his goodbye to Irene and and their other acquaintances.