my love pt 3.

what Saram told her yesterday before he left and went back home keeps lingering in her mind.

"come to the hospital afterwork tomorrow. I'll be finished by 5 o'clock and I'll wait for you there."

she bites her lips, unsure if she's able to know the truth. but that's what she wanted, isn't it? and so she dress up, only wearing a pink blouse and a jeans and exits the house 10 minutes before his shift ends.

she arrives there exactly at 5:17 o'clock. she waits for Saram at the cafeteria, which is now full of doctors, nurses and some patients as well who want to have their teatime there.

she doesn't have to wait for a long time until Saram finally shows up. he walks up to her with a big smile, but Dongkyung doesn't smile back.

looking at her beautiful but upset face makes Saram wanted to laugh. he never knows that Dongkyung's upset face could be this adorable.

"let's go." he says as he grabs her right hand and hold it tight. Dongkyung just follow him without saying anything. she doesn't have any idea where he's going to bring her, but one thing for sure they're going to meet the 'girlfriend'.

there is only silence between them until they finally arrived at the third floor. Dongkyung frowns when they enter the paediatric zone. they walk to one of the wards in there and Saram turns to look at her to give her one big smile before they enter the ward.

the sight inside the ward makes Dongkyung gasps. the ward is just like any other wards, but the wall is decorated with drawings on papers which she believes were drawn by a kid. there, on the bed, sits a little girl with middle length straight hair wearing the hospital clothes. she was happily drawing on a piece of paper by using crayons when she hears the door slides open.

Dongkyung could see how her eyes lit and her face is brimming with happiness when she sees Saram. "Dr. Kim!" she exclaims and quickly drops the crayon in her grip. she gets off the bed and runs towards him, making him to let go of Dongkyung's hand and he bends on his knees to hug the little girl who she guessed is around seven to nine years old.

"were you waiting for me, hm?" Saram asks the little girl with a soft voice, probably the softest tone that Dongkyung had ever heard. the little girl nods and smiles widely. "yes! i was very excited to see you, Dr." her answer makes him chuckles and he pats her head. 

her attention then draws to Dongkyung who just keeps observing them. Dongkyung is quite surprised and confused at the same time. the little girl however, looks like she's thinking about something.

"Dr, isn't this your pretty girlfriend that you talked about?" the little girl asks him and he nods with a grin. "yes, she is. you have strong memories, i see. i remember showing you her picture only once." Saram strokes her hair gently.

the little girl widens her smile. "because she is so pretty. so i remember her face." she replies innocently, making Dongkyung nearly in tears because of her pureness.

she gets it now. this little girl is the 'girlfriend' that they've talked about. the one that was waiting to meet him yesterday. "so...this is your 'girlfriend', right?" she finally opens her mouth.

before Saram could say anything, the little girl cut him off. "i am Dr. Kim's girlfriend. but i am the number two girlfriend. you are number one." she answers purely.

both Dongkyung and Saram chuckle at her straightforward answer. Dongkyung then bends down to meet her height and looks into her innocent eyes. "hi, my name is Dongkyung. Tak Dongkyung. but i want you to call me unnie. that's more friendly, right?"

the little girl quickly nods. "yes! i like to call you unnie." she smiles widely showing her teeth. "and i'm Yoon Sua. i'm eight years old."

Dongkyung smiles. "Sua. what a cute name. just like you." she pats Sua's head, making her giggles.

and so both Dongkyung and Saram stay with Sua for about more than an hour, playing and chatting with the talkative and adorable little girl. Dongkyung admits she enjoys it a lot spending time with Sua and that just proves how much she loves kids.

when they finally decided to leave, Sua makes a sad face. she asks them to come again next time and little did she knows that even if she didn't ask for it, both of them would definitely stop by again to visit her. being with her, even only just for two hours already makes Dongkyung falls in love with her. and she for sure will come again later.

——————————

Dongkyung and Saram enters Saram's car after the meeting with Sua. it's nearly seven o'clock already, and only now Saram finally feels exhausted because of how busy he was today. from treating numerous numbers of patients until spending time with Sua.

he leans against the car seat to calm himself from the tiredness. Dongkyung besides him looks at him, feeling sorry looking at how exhausted he is.

"did you have fun playing with Sua?" he suddenly breaks the silence and turns his head so that he could look at her.

Dongkyung smiles and nods. "yes. and i love her so much already." she replies honestly. Saram also couldn't help it but smile. he knows she would like that cheerful little girl.

"oh by the way, why she had to be hospitalized? it seems like she has been here for a long time". she finally voices out her concern. she doesn't know what kind of disease that Sua has but one thing for sure, it's serious.

Saram's smile fades a bit. he sighs before he tells her about the little girl. "Sua was born with a weak heart. her father had died and her mother ran away with other guy. now she lives with her old grandparents."

after Saram finished talking, Dongkyung feels like her heart has broken into pieces. she couldn't imagine how hard it is for her grandparents, and how sorry she feels for Sua who is still just a kid that doesn't understand anything.

"poor little girl..." she mumbles, loud enough for Saram to hear. he nods in agreement. "that's why i wanted to be her source of happiness. i don't want her grandparents to give up on her, which i know they wouldn't because i believe they love her so much." he says.

Dongkyung remains silent for a moment before talking. "i want to be her source of happiness too. let's take care of her and make her happy for a long time." she looks at him and grabs his hand.

Saram smiles, holding back her hand tighter. "so now we've cleared the misunderstanding, right?" he asks then chuckles.

Dongkyung chuckles as well while nodding. "i'm so sorry about that. i should've believed in you. i know you would never do such thing to me." she apologizes, feeling very guilty for doubting his love towards her.

"it's okay. it's not your fault." he reassures her with a kiss on her hand then a quick peck on her lips.

"i love you."

"i love you more, my love."

she chuckles. "my love? why 'my love'? why not 'darling' or 'sweetie' or something like that?" she asks out of curiosity. but still, him calling her 'my love' gives her butterflies.

"because you're my love. my only one love. my first love and definitely will be my last love." he replies.

his answer gives her the warm feeling she always has when she's with him. she doesn't know how to describe it in words, but she is very very grateful for having a Kim Saram and she realizes how she needs him in her life. and how much she loves him. she believes he loves her as much too, perhaps more than she thought.

"let's go on a date."

"now? but aren't you tired?"

"i was. but not anymore. because i want to spend as much time as i could with you, my love."