fever pt 1.

if Dongkyung is used to Saram being super busy, nowadays, it's her turn to be extremely busy as if she's the CEO of the most striving company in South Korea. the number of writers who want to sign up for their company has risen up and of course, both Dongkyung and Jooik are very thrilled about it.

Jooik also had decided to hire two new employees, a male and a female. both of them are still young, in their early 20s. despite the big gap of age between them, they all still could get along pretty quickly.

and now Dongkyung is focusing on the documents that are scattered on her desk. she needs to examine all of them, and it probably would lead her to work overtime, again. she is fine with that, especially when Jooik promised to give her a raise.

the sound of her phone ringing disturbed her attention on the documents. she wants to just ignore the ringing, but thinking it might be important or urgent, she picks it up anyway without looking who is it that called her. "hello?"

"hello, my love." hearing the familiar voice, finally she recognizes who is it. usually, if she hears that soft but deep voice, she would be all smile from ear to ear. but now, she is just too immersed in the documents that she's organizing to even feel the butterfly from her now-favorite-words, 'my love'.

"oh it's you. what's wrong? anything happens?" though she's very busy at the moment, she still manages to ask if everything is okay with him. her mind is still occupied on the documents though.

"ahh...it's just..." there's a short pause before he continues. "it's nothing. i just want to call you." he smiles at the end of the phone, though he knows she couldn't see it. "what are you doing? are you busy right now?" he asks. lately, Dongkyung has been super busy and they didn't get to see each other even more often. if before this, it's just him who is busy, yet they still have some time to meet at least once in two days. but now, it's even hard to call her.

"yes, i'm very busy right now. i have a lot of documents i need to organize and print. i would probably work overtime again today." she tells him, hands are still working efficiently organizing the papers.

"ah really? then i shouldn't be bothering you. sorry, I'll call you again later then." he apologizes, a bit disappointed even though he already expected it.

he just wished that today, only for today,she would be less busier so she could come to his house right now, to take care of him. yes, take care because suddenly yesterday, he caught a fever. it was just a slight fever yesterday, but today his temperature has risen up to 38.7 °C. but knowing that if he begs her to come would definitely resulting in her couldn't finish her work, he decided to just bear with the fever by himself.

"alright then." and Dongkyung quickly ended the call. she's just too focused on the documents that she didn't even get to say goodbye properly. and she didn't even realize the change in his voice because of the sore throat that comes together with the fever. she really has no idea.

she then just pays full attention on the piles of documents that she still has to organize.

——————————

today Saram couldn't even get off from his bed. his head is too dizzy and his body is too feeble for him to do so. so he just lays there on his bed since yesterday, only collecting his strength to get up just to go to the toilet. he didn't even has the strength to go to the kitchen to find something to eat.

fortunately, he has told Dr. Park, the doctor that he is close to to help him to tell the director of the hospital that he's taking emergency leave due to the high fever. the director is kind enough to give him five days of breaks. in fact, he knows how hard Saram has been working lately. and that is probably the reason why he fell sick.

now Saram just stares up to the ceiling. he has been sleeping for hours, he really has lost counts. yet, his eyes still feel sleepy and heavy. he has switched on the air-conditioner, but he still feels so warm. in short, he is feeling very uncomfortable.

it's his first time being sick, and he hasn't get used to it yet. and though he is a doctor himself, he doesn't know what to do when he is the one who is sick. he knows how to treat his patients, but not himself. how he wishes Dongkyung is here with him to take care of him.

he sighs heavily. "i miss you a lot, my love." he mutters slowly. her beautiful face keeps appearing in his mind, imagining she is there with him, holding him in her arms. now that he's very sick, he feels that he's being absurd and clingy for wishing her to be with him.

not like it's a crime for you to wish that your girlfriend is here to take care of you when you're sick, right?

the next few minutes is just him arguing with himself in his mind, whether he should get off the bed and find something to eat or just lay there on the bed. he feels hungry, but he knows that when there's food in front of him, he would probably lose appetite. that's the norm of being sick.

while contemplating with himself, his eyes feel heavier and the next minute, he falls into a deep sleep again.