Epilogue 5 years later

Start from the beginning

"I love you," Glenda said, giving my hand a squeeze.

"As I love you," I said.

"We should probably get out and dry off to continue on," Glenda said, we swam back to shore and got out and dried off, which was hard considering we didn't have a towel to dry off but we made it work by using my shirt, as I was wearing a sports bra underneath so can get away with only wearing that as a top. Once we were dressed we went back to the car and got in.

"I still can't believe my father caused the scars," Glenda said as I started driving.

"It's okay, a lesson needed to be taught and I learned it. I haven't been punished since leaving Hackensack" I said as I rubbed soothing circles on her hand. "Go to sleep, it's a long drive and you'll be taking over later," I said as Glenda put her seat back as I drove. I'm still not used to not having Chucky with me everywhere as after I turned 18 he finally trusted me enough to go out alone, but that could also be because I have been dating Glenda for a year prior. We got married 3 years after we started dating and have been happily married for 3 months. After driving for 4 hours I pulled into a gas station. Glenda started to wake up "did you have a nice nap?" I asked.

"I did," Glenda said, I got out and filled the car up while Glenda went in to pay, once the car was full I got in the passenger side. I waited for Glenda to come out and after a few minutes she came out and got in, she continued driving, and pretty quickly I fell asleep as the motion of the car was relaxing and I've been up for over 13 hours.

I woke up as Glenda was pulling into a motel for the night as it was now 10 pm. I've been asleep for 3 hours. "Do they have food?" I asked as I put the seat back up.

"Yes, they have a restaurant that you can order from and they'll bring the food to your room. What are you in the mood for?" Glenda asked.

"How about some pasta?" I suggested as she turned the car off. We got out and I grabbed the suitcase before heading inside.

"Sounds good," Glenda said as we went to the front register, "we would like a room," Glenda said.

"How long?" She asked.

"One night" I answered, as she put it in her computer to see if there were any openings.

"Room 217, that'll be $76," she said as Glenda took out the card and paid, and then we went to our room.

"So we should get to our new home tomorrow. Are you excited?" I asked.

"I guess but why Hackensack?" Glenda asked.

"It's where I first met Charles, Tiffany, and Tiff. It's a lovely town that's been murder free since Caroline died 2 years ago and Chucky went to Lucy in Lodi which is less than 15 minutes from Hackensack by car but it's far enough that the people of Hackensack are no longer on their toes. It's time they remember what it's like to be scared" I said.

"Are you sure it has nothing to do with Junior?" Glenda asked as she grabbed the phone "hello I would like to place an order for room 217. It would be fettuccine thank you" she said and hung up.

"Glenda I've told you it has nothing to do with him. I loved him 5 years ago as he 'accepted' me but you Glenda, you are the love of my life, you are my other half, you make life worth living, you make me happy in ways that he never would've" I said and gave her a kiss.

"I love you, Maya," Glenda said.

"As I love you mi amor," I said.

"How about tomorrow night we go to a bar?" Glenda suggested.

"Sounds like a plan, but we shouldn't kill anyone in Hackensack. It'd seem too obvious, let's give it a few days until we start here," I said. Glenda gave a slight pout so I gave her a quick kiss "that doesn't mean we can't go outside of Hackensack" I said and then there was a knock on the door so I stood up from the bed and went to grab the door.