13

"The best vantage point is upstairs, my room," Jakes said.

"Rock paper scissors?" Devon asked looking at Jake, so they did a round before Lexy interrupted them.

"Seriously?" Lexy asked. "Jesus" she sighed before leaving the room and going towards Jake's room.

We followed after her until we came to the staircase. "Just don't touch any of my stuff alright," Jake said. I followed Lexy, so it'll be two people on each floor. It'll also allow Jake and Devon alone time.

As we entered Jake's room Lexy went to the window to look out. "What's Lakeshore like?" I asked as I joined her at the window.

She gave me a strange look but said "he's a murderous doll that's trying to kill us. He's the embodiment of evil, not someone you can trust." I nodded, making her believe that I agree with her, but she hasn't seen the side of Chucky that I have, but I have seen the side that she has seen and it is terrifying.

"Okay fair point," I said. "What about you?" I asked, "what are you like?"

"I would say I'm a good person," Lexy said.

"Then why would Jake want to kill you?" I asked.

"Because I was stupid, and didn't know when to stop, you've seen the Halloween video, that was almost an everyday thing, different variations. But I've changed since then" Lexy said. Then the power cut out causing Lexy and me to turn around to face the door. I backed up so Lexy couldn't see my face, as I knew shit was about to happen. "Jake?" Lexy calls out. After a few seconds of quiet she calls out again, this time visibly scared "Jake?" Then the door slams and we both scream.

There stood Charles. "I got you now bitch" Charles said, I felt a smile enter my face, and I shook my head at Charles' antics. "But I'll let you go on one condition," Charles said as he walked closer before stopping four feet from Lexy.

"What?" Lexy asked, scared, her breath increasing.

Charles looked at his knife, running his free hand across the blade, "all you gotta do is kill Jake" Charles said looking up. We both knew that she was never gonna do it but we ran with the plan. "Everybody's gotta die sometime" Charles said with a smile.

"That's true," Lexy said.

"I've died myself, many times so it's no big deal," Charles said.

"You want me to kill Jake," Lexy said. The door opened slightly so I put on my poker face so he couldn't tell my expression and Jake entered. "Why?" Lexy asked.

"Don't tell me you've never thought about it" Charles said, my eyes flashing up to Jake and back to Charles, to warn Charles that there was someone behind him. He raised his knife letting me know that he got the message. "You get off on hurting Jake," Charles said, Jake raised his bat slowly taking steps forward.

Lexy looked down "yeah," Lexy said, she took a breath before continuing, "okay fine, I'll admit it. I have thought about it." No, you haven't Lexy you're putting on a show for Charles that he hopefully doesn't believe. "You're right. I do want to kill Jake" Lexy said.

"I knew it," Charles said.

"Wanna know how I do it?" Lexy asked.

"Duh," Charles replied. Jake's face screwed up as he got closer to Charles. "I'm all ears," he said.

"Okay. I beat him to death," Lexy said, "with this," motioning to the iron bar that she's holding.

"Can I watch?" Charles asked. Then Jake stepped on a creaky floorboard. Charles spun around to face Jake, Jake and Lexy gasped in shock "aha. Do it Lexy. Kill him" Charles said. Charles ran out of the room and on his way out sliced up Jake's leg.