Reaping Morning

I lay in bed, I don't know how I feel. Scared  doesn't feel right, because I'm not, nervous maybe, only a little. I haven't volunteered yet. One year closer to living my parents dream. I've been counting down the days I can leave district 2 behind and go to the games. I think I'm ready. Maybe. 

The Reaping's are where the names of 2 tributes , aged 12-18, from each district are chosen to compete in the annual Hunger Games. The name of one boy and one girl are taken out of a glass bowl. Some say it's rigged. It doesn't matter anyway, there's usually a volunteer for my district.

District 2, a Career district, we usually win, and if we don't, it's nearly always because 1 or 4 won instead. No one from a low district wins. Not usually. We won last year, it was a capitol favourite. It was a good game, I'll say that.

When it hits 6AM, I have to get up. Get ready. Our Reaping's are at 11AM, and I need to look my best. Not pretty and cute, but fierce, intimidating. I need to scare my fellow tributes. It's a head start in the games, they taught us that in training. In Districts 1,2 and 4, we train for The Hunger Games in school. We learn  about the Capitol as well of course, but 2 hours a day we train physically, and when you turn 13 they start to teach you about how to win sponsors, and get into the other tributes minds. Playing mind games is a bit part of the games, though most don't realise it. It starts at the Reaping.
- Look intimidating, is the first thing. If you look scary, other tributes take notice and immediately think of you as a threat.
- Get a good stylist. This is important. You need a good stylist, or your chances of getting sponsors go down. Real fast. And you need sponsors, to survive. A good stylist plays to your abilities, makes you look better than you already are, it's a big help in the games.
- Get good. In training, you need to master every skill you can, but don't struggle while your learning it. This makes you look weak. And you can't look weak. Then you'll lose sponsors. And you need sponsors, to survive.
- Interview right. How did you appear at the Reaping, at the Parade? Be the same, if not more so in the Interviews, you can't switch from scary to sweet every time a camera shows. Stick to one lane. I've already chose mine. If your indecisive, you lose sponsors. And you need sponsors, to survive.

I really do need to get up now. I have to be ready.