50) Wild Flower

🦋

The water slid down her porcelain skin as she stood under the shower feeling empty. She looked down at her hands.

Her palms were shrinking as she stood under the shower for long. She was looking at the henna of her hands. It was still dark. In the very corner of her right hand's index finger there was a name written.

It was Digvijay's name. He didn't even try to search for his name in her henna like the other two. She had decided she would tell him to search his name on her hands when the henna would start to fade away to make this task more difficult for him.

However now looking at her henna painted hands she only wanted him to come and search his name all day long. She would patiently sit in one place and let him find his name however he was nowhere near her.

It was the third day that went without Digvijay. Last night she again asked Vikram.

"Please honey, tell me where is he? I want to see him," her voice was breaking as her eyes turned glassy when she asked him about Digvijay.

They were on his bed, mingled together under the warm blanket. Rudra had gone to bring a glass of warm milk for Aadya. She has good sleep when she drinks milk before sleeping.

Her question always makes both the men panic, Rudra a little bit more but Vikram handles her nicely,"Darling, do not worry about him. He is alright. He will come back soon."

Again the same reply. It made her heart ache and she let go of the tears in her eyes,"I want him now," she whispered.

"Oh darling," Vikram's heart broke when she ended up crying again. He cuddled her to his chest making a circle on her back,"He will come back when he will be alright," said Vikram and had eye contact with Rudra who entered the room.

"Princess," Rudra whispered, sitting on the bed near her. Aadya looked at him, sniffling, "Come on," he smiled at her and gestured to the glass of milk.

"No!" she said obviously not wanting to drink milk without some cookies or chocolates. They did not even add sugar in the milk. It tastes yuck.

"Darling, you will have a good sleep. Please drink the milk at least finish it half,"Vikram coaxed but Aadya shook her head, hiding her face in his neck.

"Okay then I have to call Digvijay and tell him that you are not drinking the milk," that caught her attention and her ears perked at the mention of his name.

"Digvijay told you to make me drink milk?" she asked, looking at Rudra with wide eyes.

"Yes ma'am," Rudra chuckled at her cuteness and pinched her soft cheeks.

Aadya blinked lightly and looked at the glass full of milk. Her nose scrunched seeing the tasteless milk but without any if and but she held the glass and gulped it down in one go.

"I finished the milk. Now call him and tell him to talk to me. He is not even receiving my call, " wiping the milk mustache from her lips she said and waited for any of them to call Digvijay.

But they didn't move an inch and looked at her helplessly,"What? Call him," she insisted with a slight anger in her voice.

"Princess," Rudra struggled to tell her the real reason why Digvijay was not speaking to her,"Princess he is not going to talk to you," he finally said after arranging the words well.

"Why?" she asked, ignoring the pain in her heart.

"It's his punishment," she turned her gaze to Vikram when he whispered.

Aadya did not get what was there to get punished. He did wrong by throwing her into the cold water. She got it but it doesn't mean he will ignore her like this. He should come to her and ask for forgiveness. Simple.