Ruined date leads to overthinking!

One Month later

Jason's P.O.V.

"Can you believe that? There were thousands of wallpapers each with a different aesthetic. Not gonna lie some of them looked like abstract paintings that are worth billions of dollars. It was just amazing." Owen was talking about his week. He went to get some materials from one of the dealers that his company works with. And according to him, they had the best designs he saw in his life.

I love it when he looked all excited and told me about everything that happened during the day. It's our third major date. After our first date, we frequently went to movies and ate together whenever we could but I would not count them as dates.

Well for our first date Owen cooked me the best grilled cheese ever, then the following Sunday we went to this romantic candlelight dinner at one of my restaurants and my heart was beating so fast the entire town that I was scared that Owen might hear my heartbeat. But everything went well. We haven't gone public yet. I'm fine with it but I think Owen might still be uncomfortable so I never asked him. As we are not public yet, we have never gotten together suspiciously in the town.

Last week was so damn hard. Owen was crazy busy with work because they were selecting the materials for one of the villas they were working on. We were not able to go on a date last weekend that I planned, then for the entire week I could not see Owen, it was, even so, hard to talk to him because he just did not have time. I don't know how I survived the last week. Like, which company makes their employees work so much?

But it's all right. It's Sunday and gladly that horrible boss of Owen let him go on the weekend this week. We are at one of our properties in the middle of the woods by the lakeside. It is a couple of miles away from our town. There is this beautiful lake in the middle of hillocks and we have built a little cottage on the side. It is the best place to go on a picnic or camping. So, I planned a picnic date because I thought that Owen might need something simple and relaxing after the hellish week. And I think I succeeded because when we arrived here his eyes sparkled and that was the affirmation that Owen liked it.

He is talking about a funny thing that happened when he went to select the flooring material. I think he missed me during the week and wanted to talk to me so bad because he is enjoying sharing all this too much. It was like he was dying to tell me all this.

He picked up a cherry from the bowl and held it with his teeth. He then removed the stem and was still holding the cherry between his teeth. I don't know what happened to me but I leaned over to him and then kissed him. I started to move my lips on his. His mouth was open because of the cherry that he was holding. So, I pushed my tongue in and made him lose the grip. The cherry slipped from his teethes and now it was on our tongues. I twisted my tongue getting the hold of the cherry and when the cherry was in my possession, I broke the kiss.

I then moved away enjoying the cherry and I smiled teasingly like I had just stolen his entire fortune and he knows it was me but he can't do anything about it. His eyes were wide open, he was shocked. And His cheeks were turning bright red like tomatoes. I just love seeing him like this. I felt like I just won the biggest battle of my life.

I saw his lips were still parted, it looked like his lower lip was hanging and I suddenly felt nervous. I want to kiss him. I can never get used to it. I have kissed Owen a total of seven times and it still feels like the first time every time I kiss him. It's just too good to be true. It is true, I sometimes even forget that I have kissed him before after I kiss him.

I was looking at him and he was also lost in his thoughts when his phone rang. He shook his head as he had just gotten hold of the reality.

"It's from work. I have to take it. Sorry." He said checking his phone. He was still blushing.