What do I do?

Jason's P.O.V.

I was on my way to the school parking, for the whole day I could not stop thinking about what Owen said. What did he mean by that? I wanted him to beat me to the pulp just like how I did with him, then he should have felt better, I deserve this. But he refused to hit me, no matter how hard I try I cannot understand why. What other reason could be there except that he can't hit me because I'm his mate? And what did he mean by "He is not like me."? But the thing that was not leaving my mind was him saying that he'd never forgive me. I could feel my heart break, it felt like someone blew it with a canon, I almost cried but I kept that it because I'm the future alpha. I cannot be seen as a weakling.

I got to my car and was getting ready to drive away when suddenly Aiden jumped in the front seat next to me, from where did he appear?

"Dude, we need to talk?" he said not looking at me.

"What are you doing in my car? When did you get here? From where did you sneak in?" I replied. I was still in shock.

"What? I've been following you since we got out of campus. I've been talking the whole time. Don't tell me you didn't even notice that I was the

re. Where was your mind at? Oh, I kinda know, that's why I want to talk to you." He answered. I'm still not sure when did he sneak in.

"Okay, what do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Not here. Let's go to your house." He looked dead serious.

"Okay." That's all I could say before I stepped on the gas and drove to my house.

Just like every day Mrs.Violet greeted me when we reached my home, the Lunar Mansion. She then greeted Aiden, as Aiden is my best friend and future beta, we hang out together a lot. She told us that she'd bring some food and drinks to my room. And we went on our way.

"Owen is your mate, right?" Aiden asked as soon as he entered the room.

I was closing the door and my whole body stiffen when I heard his words. I closed the door in an instant.

"How did you find out?" I asked him frantically.

"What! After the whole lover boy scene you put out in the training, you are still shocked I found out?" He said with a grin on his face.

"Was it that obvious?" I asked with a low voice.

"Obvious! You were practically screaming that he is your mate." He was barely holding his laugh.

"Does anyone else know?"

"How am I supposed to know that. But why are you trying to hide it? If you found your mate you should tell the pack about it. It's not like werewolf gives a damn about gender." He said amusingly.

"I want to. I'm dying to. But it feels like Owen wants to keep it a secret. He doesn't even want to talk with me." I was starting to get sad.

"Oh boy! Why am I not surprised?" He replied.

"I know the reason for that, too. And I'm trying to appease him, I'm trying to make things right. But it's not working out." I said, my voice was cracking.

"You should have listened to me when I told you to not bully Owen. If you had listened to me then you would not have been in this mess," he said with I said so look.

"I know, And I regret all the things I've done to him. But I was scared." I said, I could feel the tears forming.

"What? What were you scared of, the future alpha of the pack?" there was a surprised look on his face.

"I was scared that I'd fall in love with him," I said, I could not hold my tears back and I started crying.

"What?" he was even more shocked.

"I started to like him in the seventh grade and I was scared, I thought how would my mate feel if he or she found out that I liked someone else. And to make my feelings go away I started to bully him, but that did not help at all and it got worse and worse. Then things got out of hand" after that I told him everything. I was crying all the time; it was the first time I cried like this.

"Wow dude, you messed up real bad." He said while coming over to me and then to my surprise he hugged me. I don't know why but it made me cry, even more, I hugged him back.

"What am I gonna do? I really like him so much. No, I love him so much, I love him so much that it hurts, It feels like my heart would burst every time I see him and it's not because he is my mate." I said with my head buried in Aiden's chest.

"It's all right. We are gonna make it right. I'm here, I'll help you." He said soothingly.

We stayed like that for a while and we parted when my tears subsided.

"Okay, now tell me what have you done to appease him till now? In detail." He said as he and I sat in the chairs on my balcony.

"Well, yesterday on his sixteenth birthday, we found out that we were mates but he ran into the woods, Corni wanted to follow him but I was shocked too and I thought it would be best if I let him be for time being." I started telling him.

"That's good."

"And you know what happened today."

"That's it! That's all that you have done so far?" he was looking at me like I was the dumbest human being ever, well werewolf not human.

"Yes. Did I do something wrong? What should have I done?"

"Well for starter, Apologize. You never apologized to him for what you did to him. You literally sent him to the hospital to show off your power." I could sense anger in his voice.

"You are right. I should have done that the first thing. But it's fine I'm gonna do it right now." I stood up and grabbed my keys.

"Wait... wait... I know you want to make things right as soon as possible, but there's no shortcut to it. You have made a great mistake and you will have to pay the price. But don't rush things. You have done enough for today. Owen is hurt and it looked like he does not want to see you. And if you talked to him now it would make things even worse." he said.

"Then what do you suggest." I stopped right where I was standing.

"I suggest you give him time to cool off. What about a week, talk to him next Monday. Till then prepare an apology, think about all the things you want to tell him, make it concise, put in some effort." He replied.

"A week!"

"You need time to prepare a good apology. Let's face it you are not very good with these kinds of things. So, think because your life depends on this. And if you messed up again it could turn into months or years so the choice is yours." He added

I was scared by his words, I'd have to wait for months and years, I'm gonna give it my all, I'm gonna make it right "Fine! I'll leave him alone for a week."

Author's  note:

me: oh! evil one is devising the plan to manipulate the pure soul...

Jason: Watch your mouth.

me: or what? First  you bullied my sweet baby and now you are plotting somethings?

Jason: I'm not plotting something. I just want to make it work between us.

me: whatever you say.