"Yes, Tiergan—I'm well aware of your opinion of me. I can assure you, I

wouldn't have summoned you if I wasn't convinced that it would be what

Prentice would want." Alden finally replied after what seemed to be forever.

The girl's head shot up at the name and her eyes went from Tiergan to Alden, back and forth as if it were a ping pong match.

Tiergan on the other hand, had his bold expression crumpled to one of anxiety and worry as if he were hiding something.

But nonetheless, he replied. "Since when are you the expert on anything Prentice wanted?"

Now Sophie burst of curiosity. "Who's Prentice?"

Tiergan then spun around at the sound of Sophie's voice. His eyes scanned over the blonde girl quickly, and widened when he met her eyes.

"Yes," Alden said when Tiergan gasped. "Whatever you're thinking, yes. Tiergan, I'd like you to meet Sophie Foster. Foxfire's newest prodigy, who happens to need a Telepathy Mentor."

The brunette girl's left eyebrow went up in suspicion when Tiergan gasped. But nonetheless, the girl remained silent,

"She's the one, isn't she? The one Prentice was hiding?" Tiergan asked, very evidently nervous. He had indeed visibly swallowed multiple times before asking.

"Yes." Alden nodded. "She has been living with humans for the past twelve years."

"Twelve years is an awfully long time." Remarked the golden-eyed girl, finally speaking. "And in the forbidden cities!" The girl wrinkled her nose at the last sentence.

"I know right?" Fitz agreed with the girl's remark.

The girl looked at Sophie realising the blonde had been listening.

"I don't have anything against humans." The girl clarified. "But the forbidden cities have some really bad air and it stinks compared to the fresh air here in the lost cities."

Sophie smiled awkwardly at the girl's statement and then she cleared her throat and spoke before anyone could say anything else.

"Okay, seriously." She said, not liking the way Tiergan had and was staring at her. "Who is Prentice, and what does he have to do with me?"

"I'm sorry, that's classified information, Sophie," Alden said quietly.

"But it's about me." She glanced at Fitz for help. But all he did was shrug.

"If it becomes important for you to know, I will tell you," Alden promised. "For now, all anyone needs–"

"That's not fair!" The brunette girl exclaimed, rounding on Tiergan who nearly fell over in surprise. "How come she'll get to know when 'it becomes important' but I'll never get to know!? That's preposterous Tiergan! She's only been to the Lost Cities like what? Twice? And she's already got herself a promise that she'll get to know who the name Prentice belongs to! You on the other hand promised me that I would never get to know!"

Tiergan's eyes widened, and he visibly looked worried. The girl on the other hand was fuming, and glared at him with narrowed eyes. Tiergan took a deep breath and ignored the girl, which must've taken quite the effort.

Alden then cleared his throat and spoke again. "For now, all anyone needs to know is that you are the most incredible Telepath I've ever seen, and you need a Mentor. Which is why I summoned you," he added, turning to Tiergan. "Sophie has already broken through Fitz's and Bronte's blocking without training. She needs the best Mentor we can provide. I know you're retired, but I thought—given the circumstances—you might be persuaded to return to Foxfire."