3. How My Third Grade Teacher Was Amazing

My third-grade teacher was amazing even before I got diabetes. She was a fairly new teacher, so she tried new and different ways to motivate kids to learn and be active participates in class. She even had my school get her class exercise balls and we used them as chairs during class. We had circle time where we could share things about our life, she even allowed us to sit at little coffee tables with pillows while we worked on homework. Well after I got diabetes, she let my mom and I use some of the circle time to explain to my classmates what diabetes was and why I was going to be making beeping sounds. I am honestly so glad I was able to have her as a teacher she helped me in so many ways, I will never forget the impact she left on me.

Third grade year was also the worst year of my life because I not only got T1D but also my great grandma died that year. I was pretty close to her because she helped raise my mom and we would see her whenever my grandpa took us over there which was frequently. My great grandma loved puzzles and cardinals and now I love those same things probably because of her. She died of Alzheimer's disease (that is when you start to forget everything) the last time I saw her before she died, she could not remember any of my family members, but she seemed happy or at least content. My great grandma's death has been the worst death for me to handle at this point in my life. It did not help anything that she was the first person I knew who died. She was a wonderful person and I still miss her sometimes; gosh this was such an awful year for me I hate even thinking about it.

Author's note

chapter started: 5/20/2022 @10:11pm

chapter ended: 5/23/2022 @11:09pm

Sorry that things have been sad so far the next chapter should be funnier. 

If you would like, go to the comments and share about a teacher that was great with handling your T1D.

I know everyone goes through their own challenges with T1D so please no hating on me or anyone else, thanks!