Apology from Heart

Mew just finished having dinner with Kale and left for his house. As soon as he entered, Sarawat came towards him and asked him excitedly, "How was your anniversary? I thought you would stay the night there."

Mew felt bucket of cold water had been poured on him. Anniversary. He had forgotten his anniversary that was his idea in first place. He quickly fished out his phone and saw 56 missed calls and 70 messages from Gulf. He felt guilt and shame assault his senses immediately. He immediately called back Gulf but he didn't pick up. He read through the messages and none of them, not even single message was about how he had ditched his anniversary. They all were full of worry and concern for his safety. Gulf had left few voicemail asking about his safety and wellbeing.

He asked Sarawat to tell Kit he would come back tomorrow and left for Gulf's place. He kept rehearsing the apology he would give but he knew no amount of sorry would be enough. He had been so immersed in discussing about books and series with Kale that it had completely slipped his mind. He reached the apartment and rang the door bell few times but when he received no response he typed the door code and entered.

For few seconds he was confused whether he had entered the right apartment because it looked beautiful. The way Gulf had arranged and decorated everything, Mew could only gawk in wonder. The fairy lights with their pictures hanging on it was such a sweet gesture. Gulf loved clicking pics together, he said he wants to remember each and every moment they spend together.

There was food laid out on the dining table and it was all Mew's favorite. By the look of it, Gulf hadn't eaten either. Everything looked so beautiful and perfect, the only thing missing had been him. They could have shared such a sweet evening together if only he hadn't messed up. He went to the bedroom and saw Gulf sleeping. He looked so pale. Mew went and sat beside him and quickly went to sleep.

Gulf groaned in pain because his head was killing him right now and there was additional weight on him. He opened his eyes and was met with sleeping face of Mew. He wondered if he was dreaming, then caressed Mew's cheeks while gazing at him lovingly. Mew snuggled deeper into him, tightening his hold on Gulf.

"Mew, wake up. I have to go to office."

"...... "

"Mew, let go."

"...... "

"Mew-"

"Stay with me today." Mew opened his eyes and looked at him pouting.

"I have things to do at office."

"Please."

"We all can't ditch things just on whim."

Mew knew Gulf was angry because of yesterday but he wanted to make it up to him for having hurt him, "Please Gulfie. I have free day and I'll be bored alone. Stay with me."

"No-"

"I'll give you a kissie."

"I don't want it."

"I'll give you two."

"Don't w-"

"5 kissies."

"Let me go. I'm getting late."

"8 kissies. No more negotiation."

"I don't have time for your childish tantrums." Gulf was getting pissed off now. Mew hadn't even apologized to him for yesterday and was being immature the first thing in morning.

"Won't you listen to bun? Bun wants you to stay with him just for today. Bun has things to tell you."

"I'll listen to them later."