Chapter Fourty Eight : The Big Final Night

Start from the beginning

"Might want to grab the paper plates!" Callum laughed, grabbing a broom to sweep up the shattered pieces. Molly thanked him, now turning to help her husband set up the chairs around the tables.

I shook my head, chuckling as I turned back to my task of setting up the radio by a nearby corner table.

Charlie was still grumpily stomping through the kitchen, trying to find the 'stupid paper plates' while Oliver was over by Callum, helping him sweep the last of the broken pieces. Ron, Harry and Ginny where still found getting ready inside whilst everyone else kept themselves busy with the tables and chairs that head still needed to be set up.

Surprisingly, even after a few weeks of patient waiting, none of us had received any new news about Hermione or Aria's conditions.

I wasn't quite sure why the lack of updates was beginning to worry me, seeing as it was probably a good thing that nothing bad had happened to them yet, but I was nevertheless still a little worried for them. Not only for Aria, but for Hermione to. I had no idea what they could possibly be going through at that very moment, and when they would wake up. So I was just stuck sitting, waiting, and desperately hoping. But I had faith that they'd be in the good hands of Madame Pomfrey.

Percy had been a bigger help with the situation than you might expect.

I had opened up to him about it all, and he was easily able to reassure me about it to - just as he had done with Liam. I had grown to be more open around him and let him in on everything that I was feeling. I'd always found it hard to find people that I knew I could trust, so I was glad that he had slowly grown to be one of them.

I'd always felt comfortable around him - sorta safe. It was always nice to know he was there for me whenever I needed him. And vice versa.

But it was also nice to know that Aria's parents where willing to hex whoever, whenever if anything happened to their daughter. And weirdly enough, that to was a kind of promise I knew I could trust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes later a few guests had begun to pile in, most of which I was thankfully able to avoid as I was still facing a bit of trouble with the radio. But unfortunately for me, that didn't last much longer after Arthur had come to help me fix it.

"Oh, Y/n dear! It's good you're here. I've got someone I'd like you to meet," Molly began, dragging me away from the food stand to be net face to face a much older, raven haired woman, "this is my friend, Gertie."

I waved politely at the woman, hoping that my lack of interaction would get me away from this stranger. But I could tell that she was at least nice. "Ahh you must be Y/n, I've heard so much about you." She smiled.

"And I've heard so much about you." I lied through gritted teeth, hoping to get out of this situation as quickly and as soon as possible. She'd seemed rather genuine, and definitely friendly, but there was only so many new people I could handle. And so far, Molly had gotten me to meet almost everyone there.

She laughed, patting my shoulder. "Oh well aren't you a dear, so polite." She smiled. And I must admit, I felt my heart swell at the compliment.

"You know, my Grandson's around your age. He's a little older, but a very handsome young man. He's almost finished his last year at Durmstrang."

That nice feeling was quickly lost.

"Oh, well thank you but I-"

She laughed again, and I almost jumped back in surprise. Her laugh was obnoxiously loud. "I'm just kidding sweetie, I know you've got a thing going with one of Molly's boys. I wouldn't want to disrupt that."