1|•〃For our friendship's sake〃•

It was the month of May🦋
Apparently it's raining outside.
Jangma - the rainy season in Korea , typically lasts from mid-June to the end of July. But seemingly , they witnessed a light rainfall in May .

"On a rainy day like this , I'm reminded of you" Nayeon sighed with a smile as she flipped another page of the book.

She was evidently enjoying the view while jamming to "Smile on my face" . It was her favourite melody. This is an underrated song but she doesn't mind sharing her music taste with few people.

Nayeon lives in a girl's hostel in Seoul. She lost her parents at a young age. After their demise , she lived with her aunt for quite some time. Woefully , she didn't have a good bond with her aunt. She mocked her almost every day for being a burden. Nayeon had nothing but self respect. If it wasn't for financial problems then she would have moved from her house long ago. What angers her most is , her aunt always bad-mouthed her parents despite the fact they helped her in every possible way when they were alive . Nayeon was helpless. She couldn't do anything that time except waiting. When she grew up , she made a promise with her aunt ensuring her she'll pay her back as soon as she gets a job. 2 years before passing the high school , she moved from her aunt's house and shifted to a dorm although her aunt still sends her money. But she hated it. She wanted to return all of these to her as soon as possible.But right now, she was focused on her studies and something more kept creeping in her heart. Something we don't know yet.

Nayeon was seemingly writing some notes peacefully until her roommates set foot in their shared room chatting with each other causing Nayeon to shift her attention towards them .

Giving Nayeon a warm smile, Jinri playfully asked, "Hey, girl! What's the latest scoop?" Nayeon responded with a friendly grin, saying, "Oh, nothing out of the ordinary, just jamming to some tunes like I always do. What about you two?"

Drawing near to her friend , Yeri spoke grinning "we were checking handsome boys on dating sites!" Showing her phone to Nayeon , Yeri continues "ahh gosh!!! Look at this one, isn't he too handsome to resist?"

Nayeon is tired of them talking about this topic frequently . Rolling her eyes she lashed out. "Not again man ! You know I am not interested in all these at all! "

"Come on! It's our freshman year. For how long have you decided to be single?" Jinri retorted being fed up with Nayeon . Smiling in disbelief, Nayeon trumpeted .
"Love? These things don't exist for me . I don't believe in love like you two. Plus I shouldn't be dating anyone only to amuse myself if my feelings for the person aren't authentic "

Being displeased with her friend Yeri stated "Of course! You never date ! You never give anyone a chance to impress you! How will you even fall in love with someone if you keep on doing this? "

"I'm pretty sure love isn't for me man! And on top of that I am not even interested!! Don't even try girls! "

Smirking at Nayeon Jinri remarked confidentially. "You know right , time reveals everything? Stop being a skeptic person. Those who say they aren't in love or never going to fall for someone are the people who fall first"

Rolling her eyes feeling lack of energy to argue with them anymore , she shifted her attention back to her desk and continued writing the notes afterwards . "Whatever! Let me finish this work now."

[ Boy's dorm , Seoul]📌

The wind doth blow with strength untamed, as leaves descend in graceful flight, untamed.

In the realm of our dorm, a melody took flight,
A student, entranced, playing violin with delight.
As his soul danced amidst the harmonious sound,
Two young souls drew near, curiosity profound.